All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Marlon and Kyle Hamilton were also 20 when drafted, it's a winning strategy. Draft super young big school players already producing on the field against top competition. It's hard to find any real fault in Wiggins' profile, especially when you're talking about a CB picked at 30. He has longer arms than Anthony Averret another(much less talented) speed demon who had success in our system and we've turned plenty of CBs into better tacklers post draft. His coverage stats are great, athleticism is elite, turns 21 in Sept, high motor, and he's mad he didn't go higher- which never hurts. A great talent that's only going to get bigger stronger faster. I just can't believe we went from never drafting Clemson players to picking two in back to back drafts. Trenton Simpson will get to see a familiar face.
  3. Wouldn't be against them doubling up on OL if the value is right.
  4. He's got a golden retriever, I'm sold! (Even though I am a Labrador man myself, but all retriever owners are brothers)
  5. does Kirko have a no trade clause? i don't know.
  6. BEST Byron Murphy, Seahawks Jared Verse, Rams Malik Nabers, Giants Quinyon Mitchell, Eagles Darius Robinson, Cardinals Caleb Williams & Rome Odunze, Bears Taliese Fuaga, Jets WORST Michael Penix, Falcons Laiatu Latu, Colts Tyler Guyton, Cowboys Bo Nix, Broncos Jordan Morgan, Packers Amarius Mins, Bengals
  7. #5 of available olinemen...#11th overall, just above Beebe I wouldn't have considered him until the mid-second. Such a strange pick, usually we avoid character/effort concerns like that. I hope he proves me wrong, and day 2 is always my favorite draft day, so I'm hoping it turns around.
  8. Beauty of Penix at 8 for Atlanta is that his biggest drawbacks are what made Cousins effective. So Penix gets to sit and watch a pro do the things he himself is maybe not so good at. Which hopefully rubs so he can up his game when it's time to take over It's similar to Mahomes behind Alex Smith. Mahomes' questionable traits were the traits that made Alex so effective later on. He got to sit and learn and watch from Alex. And those things rubbed off on him enough to where when he stepped in. Those questionable traits were no longer questionable. It's an ideal situation for Penix. And a very smart move by Atlanta. In 2 or 3 years when Penix steps in, he should.be reading defenses and Knowing when to make the smart play instead of try for the big one. Which were his 2 largest issues. Same as they were for Mahomes. Penix. Like Mahomes. Needed to take his wildness and learn to make the smart play not look for the big one. Without losing the wild big play ability that made him good. Just like Penix. And both also had issues reading zone coverages with success. Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins both made their careers playing smart and reading defenses, it's hownthey made their money. The situations are so eerily similar.. Nix, I think if Payton brings back the offense he ran when Brees was younger. The one he ran with Marques Colson and Jimmy Graham, with lots of verticalish routes coupled with a YAC chdckdown that can benefit off of the clear out, and he teaches Nix to make that high or low read as quick as Brees did. It could work big time. Nix is a great fit for that. But if he expects Nix to play to that quick pass, crossing pattern mess Brees ran later on admins that he tried to have Wilson run, it won't work. Nix is a big play thrower who excels deep down the middle. Could he run the short stuff. Sure, many can. But you don't draft a guy that high to run the stuff he could have had Stidham run for a fraction of the investment
  9. I think the strong reaction to team building right now, one way or another, is premature. We're not going to be any good next year. I would say that whether we picked MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Alt, Bowers or whoever. This team has far too many rather significant holes on it. I trust Bill Callahan to make the o-line better, but he still needs better pieces to work with at RG and RT. Getting a seemingly aggressive DC is fun, but we're lacking starting caliber players at FS, DE, NT, OLB and ILB(x2). Our defense right now is 3 good corners, Jeffery Simmons and Harold Landry. Getting Ridley should mean our WR room is better than it was last year pairing him with DHop, but DHop is an FA after this season, so we need a 3rd option at receiver for this year, and likely to need to select another WR high or sign another relatively big named one in FA next off season to replace DHop. We'll see if Chig improves, but even if he does, we need depth at TE. Right now it's him and uh...Whyle I guess? at the position. Whether we address weapons heavily in the rest of this draft, more OLine, a pass rusher, a safety, an ILB, interior d-linemen, or some mixture of all of those, we're still going to have a lot of holes that need to be addressed in 2025. The only way we're winning anything in 2024 is if Will Levis transforms in to the next Roethlisberger or whatever or if CJ Stroud is out for the year and we just win a battle of bad teams in a bad division. The time to be upset will be if we're still looking at a ton of massive holes after the 25 draft.
  10. Pick #1 Results 2 PTS Trade Up, Trade Down, Stay: BareYourTeeth, RavensTillIDie, berlin calling, DreamKid 5 PTS Pick #1: Ray Reed 2 PTS Correct Position, Wrong Player: RavensTillIDie, berlin calling, DreamKid, coordinator0
  11. Yah listened to Gute's presser. It's pretty clear they view him as an OT. Reading scouting reports sounds like they are not going for Tom 2.0 but rather Bak 2.0. We'll see how it works out. Kinda looks like Bak the way he plays. Grossi was hilarious again tonight. Sounded like me although I was pounding the table to go up and grab Arnold. When we were on the clock it was Cooper or Barton...Typical Packers draft always out of left field.
  12. Good enough for both CW and Bears fans to be happy we were able to draft him. In Keenan Allen he'll have one of the best teachers and guides to success he could ever have.
  13. Yeah, Terrion you go to bed easy knowing one of your top two spots is in good hands. Quinyon isn’t too far off from that, but a little bit more projection. Bonus is the additional ceiling is there for him to be your clear top corner and in discussion throughout the league for that too if he hits it. Woulda been ecstatic for either, fun to have the extra ceiling and athleticism to monitor in camp and his first few years.
  14. I'm offering BUF, NE, AZ, WAS, and LAC my 2025 1st for their pick early in the 2nd, straight up. I want to draft DeJean but need to get him. I am assuming no one late in the first accepted that trade and none may for this one. We will see.
  15. Thanks for getting the threads up guys. I was actually in Detroit for the draft today so my availability was nonexistent. It was absolutely insane down there. So many people and not just Lions fans. You might see some pictures of the crowd by the draft stage but they weren't even the half of it. The Draft Experience area actually had to shut the gates a little after 6 because the area went over capacity. That area being a fairly large park with quite a bit of space for people to spread out. Never seen anything like it.
  16. Ari Meirov - Falcons HC Raheem Morris on taking Michael Penix Jr.: "The Green Bay model was something we talked about. It proved to be right last year. Hopefully we’ll be right with them."
  17. Was Great this is how I watched and with the draft forum windowed next to it. Bill was Awesome on the show!
  18. I mean... OL #5 in an extremely talented OL group is pretty damn good. I'm very satisfied with this pick. Sure, it's not flashy. But getting a very good, versatile OL to help protect the franchise QB is absolutely huge for me. Still 4 picks on day 2. The future is BRIGHT.
  19. Pretty happy with this pick. Cornerback was where I felt the team needed to go in the first given the sketchy depth of the class (especially in regards to fits for the Ravens). Wiggins lined up nicely as a need and it's hard to argue against him in the BPA argument. Really good prospect that checks all the boxes I want for a coverage guy. Now, DeJean was/is pretty high on my list but I get passing on him. If the team doesn't see him as a pure cover guy then that's not the role that they were looking to fill. Having him and Hamilton trading off would have been great... but maybe is still can be? I know, not going to happen, but let me dream.
  20. Turner: "It was definitely a surreal moment, seeing the area code and where the phone call was coming from. Thanks to those dudes and to the Wilf family for taking a chance on me and picking me up at 17. They said make sure I'm ready to rush the passer when I get off the plane, so I guess that's very key with how they're going to use me." Turner, who grew up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, gained familiarity with Flores' defenses when he was head coach of the Dolphins: "I liked what I saw, especially from the pass rushers with Bradley Chubb, Jaelan Phillips and [Andrew] Van Ginkel," Turner said. "It was a very good thing to watch Coach Flores coach those dudes." Now he'll team with Van Ginkel, as well as outside linebacker Jonathan Greenard, who were signed during free agency in an offseason in which Danielle Hunter departed for Houston. During his podium session at the NFL Scouting Combine, Turner listed Hunter as a player he's tried to mold his game from. https://www.vikings.com/news/dallas-turner-appreciates-surreal-moment-after-top-30-visit
  21. I've been looking to trade back since my biggest need is CB but I don't have a top 10 positional talent there. I'm locked in with my OTs and EDGE is a luxury pick with the depth I already have. I'm taking Rome Odunze at 1.9. I looked for a tradeback but assumed MIN refused to deal with a division rival. The QR corps is stupid stacked but Allen hasn't agreed to an extension so having a Moore, Odunze, Davis trio if he won't stay works well for me, and I expect Davis to quickly become WR4.
  22. Atlanta taking Penix at 8 feels like a massive whiff. Same with Nix at 12, but Payton may work some magic there.
  1. Load more activity