When Does Lamar Jackson Start His First Game?

MKnight82

The last three games of this season. 

People are way to conservative here. The NFL moves quick. If Flacco is performing poorly, which at this I point is more expected than not, and the Ravens are out of the playoffs, hello Lamar Jackson. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The last three games of this season. 

People are way to conservative here. The NFL moves quick. If Flacco is performing poorly, which at this I point is more expected than not, and the Ravens are out of the playoffs, hello Lamar Jackson. 

What do the Ravens lose by playing Flacco through this entire season and not rushing Jackson into a system he's not going to eventually play in?

they'll give Flacco his last hurrah for the season as he is a seasoned vet and has his merits, even when they are dated back a few seasons. now that he actually has a somewhat decent offense assembled around him he can show what he has in him (or not).

June 2nd 2019 is the start of the LJ era.

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You don’t draft a qb in the first round and sit him for two years. 

I don't have a problem with a QB drafted from 20-32 sitting for two years. I do have a problem with a top 10 QB not starting right away. If they cant start from game 1 they shouldn't be drafted in the top 10.

2019 after the bye, Ravens have too much cash tied up in Flacco to not let him have 1 last season to redeem himself and maybe turn him into a trade flip, or somehow play so well Jackson looks like a terrible decision down the road.

I'd bet on 2019 but with the way the NFL is rookie QBs are forced into the lineup way more often than not, Flacco is durable and tough but injuries happen and he's been terrible the past few seasons (Though I'll admit a decent chunk of that is on injuries and a terrible supporting cast) wouldn't shock me to see Lamar get a week 17 start against cleveland if the season is over by then.

12 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You don’t draft a qb in the first round and sit him for two years. 

Why does one extra year matter if you expect him to be your franchise QB for the next 10 to 15 years? If Flacco does well enough this year they can possibly trade him and then they can start RG3, or Jackson if RG3 sucks, next year.

No one is going to trade for Flacco with his contract. Flacco averages like 20 touchdowns to 13ints across his career with maybe 3900 yards and middling completion percentage. His peak is mediocre as well. Everyone knows his skill ceiling and floor.

Anyone hoping to see Lamar Jackson on the field in the NFL any time soon is going to be disappointed. He won't play in 2018, barring injury to Joe Flacco, and he might not play in 2019 either. That will depend on how he develops and on how Joe plays in 2018.

But given all the evidence that suggests Joe Flacco plays his best football when the pressure is highest, I fully expect him to have a very good season, this year. Of course, that won't stop idiots crying for Jackson to be put in the first time Joe throws an incomplete pass, but fortunately the Ravens are a smarter organisation than that. And there is far, far too much evidence of QBs being ruined by NFL teams because they were thrown in at the deep end too soon.

1 hour ago, Malik said:

No one is going to trade for Flacco with his contract. Flacco averages like 20 touchdowns to 13ints across his career with maybe 3900 yards and middling completion percentage. His peak is mediocre as well. Everyone knows his skill ceiling and floor.

Yeah but Flacco's contract has an out after 2019, so he can either get cut and take whatever money they owe him in 2019 or he can sign a new 3 or 4 year deal with a new team and get traded.

I'm guessing he starts midway through this upcoming season. Joe Flacco's QB Rating's the past 3 years are 83.1, 83.5, and 80.4. Or in other words, among the worst in the league during the timespan for starting QB's. I'm sure once the Ravens start to struggle this year, they will make the change and start the Lamar Jackson era.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

When the Ravens are out of the playoff hunt he will start. So I think the last 3 games or so and then Flacco gets cut.

Seeing this a lot. The Ravens have been mathematically out of the playoffs at very end of the season like once in the 10 year Harbaugh/Flacco era. And Flacco was out the last chunk with an ACL anyway.

Also, Flacco is going to ball out this year. Having the pressure of this electric prospect behind hin is exactly the kick in the pants he needs to bring it every week and very drive. And I fully believe he will rise under the  pressure.

Archived