Preseason Overreaction Thread

bucsfan333

The Rams actually look like they have an offense and will be competitive this year. When Sammy Watkins gets the offense down, it will be very interesting to watch. Last night was enjoyable because he was just being used as a decoy. And Cooper Kupp will put up 80+ receptions as a rookie.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rams actually look like they have an offense and will be competitive this year. When Sammy Watkins gets the offense down, it will be very interesting to watch. Last night was enjoyable because he was just being used as a decoy. And Cooper Kupp will put up 80+ receptions as a rookie.

How has Gurley looked? Asking for a friend who plays fantasy football. 2015 Todd? or more like 2016 Todd?

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

How has Gurley looked? Asking for a friend who plays fantasy football. 2015 Todd? or more like 2016 Todd?

Well, I watched the first half of their game last night and he looked like his 2015 version. Granted it was against Oakland's defense, which looked pretty bad outside of Mack, but he showed nice patience and power. Finished with 38 yards on 8 carries and a TD.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Did you forget about Ricky Stanzi?

I bleed, sweat, and dream of the U S of A. One like me does not simply forget about Americanzi.

Edit: Ironically, I believe he is backing up Drew Tate in the CFL. I meant more along the lines of a starter though. Beathard has looked good.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

@MrOaktown_56

I do what I want.

¬¬. I like the AFC West fans on this site, but twitter Chiefs fans already think Mahomes is the GOAT. Can't blame them because he's had some nice plays, but I haven't been blown away either. It's a very qb friendly offense. Nobody runs screens and designs offensive plays better than the Chiefs, with the exception of maybe one or two teams.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:22 AM, brooks1957 said:

Bucsfan333 - you pretty much have proved the point of this thread. Saying anyone is a lock for anything at this point of the season is ludicrous. Way way too much football yet to be played and way too much can happen.

I will reference our own situation in Cleveland. No secret that the Browns have struggled for 17 years to find a QB. Deshone Kizer had a good GAME Thursday night - as in singular, one game. It was a game both teams were trying to win, but the game didn't count, and it was with the bottom third of the roster players.

Was I happy he did well? Of course. But for the two "wow" plays he had, they were several plays where he either held the ball way too long, telegraphed the pass, or tried to squeeze it in where he should he chucked it up into Row F. These are correctable mistakes. They will be fixed over time. He is the eventual starter - just not today.

You must be new here

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

¬¬. I like the AFC West fans on this site, but twitter Chiefs fans already think Mahomes is the GOAT. Can't blame them because he's had some nice plays, but I haven't been blown away either. It's a very qb friendly offense. Nobody runs screens and designs offensive plays better than the Chiefs, with the exception of maybe one or two teams.

Problem with that is he made a few throws that weren't QB friendly

the type that breakdown, and instead of panicking and throwing an INT, he either made the accurate throw, scrambled or threw it away

Archived