What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Life is just a really long story about how you died.

People are getting way better at holding back coughs.

b, p, d and q are the same freaking letter and no one talks about it

Shanedorf the Philosopher...

You can use that if you ever get into the hip-hop game.

Did you go play an early morning round by yourself when you thought of all of that? I know I get some interesting thoughts going when I'm on the course alone, and there's nobody to nice.

3 minutes ago, animaltested said:

The WORST anxiety is during flu & now COVID season, in a public place, choking on your spit and the subsequent coughing spell afterwards. Im tempted to run around yelling "NO PLAGUE, NO PLAGUE!!!" 

Probably wouldnt help things tbh.

You make it seem like people in the United States would even care.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Hmmm. An exit where live is closed being cleaned. I’ve only ever seen stuff like that at night. But it’s the middle of the day. And the next exit after it isn’t for another 7 miles. Why today?In this midsized Florida city? 🤔

I know the feeling. 

They have been working on the freeway closest to my apartment for the last 7 months. They shut down random exits at 7pm and dont have any signs. You come up to your exit, its closed, the next 4 exits are closed, and there was no goddamn sign telling you any of these were closed, so instead of taking the exit before, you have just keep driving until there is an open one.

infuriating. Just put a goddamn sign "exits A B C D are closed, exit here -->"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Hmmm. An exit where live is closed being cleaned. I’ve only ever seen stuff like that at night. But it’s the middle of the day. And the next exit after it isn’t for another 7 miles. Why today?In this midsized Florida city? 🤔

how are you in a "midsized city" if the next exit is 7 miles away..?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theJ said:

Someday in my life, when i retire early and have time to burn, i'd like to work there for 3 months just to see what it's like.

lol.  No you don't.

They'd just make you a "greeter" anyway.  aka "Loss Prevention Officer" in old people disguise with a friendly smile, with a pair of security goons to sick on people and the cops on speed dial.

You probably wouldn't get to do all the fun stuff that you find out about, behind the scenes, or really get to understand how bizarre people actually are.  Or how unwilling people are to walk their cart back 20 feet to the cart corral.  The whole place was weirdly compartmentalized.  There were only a handful of people who really got to move around the store and do all kinds of a little bit of everything.  The rest just sorta checked in at their station and pretty much stay there, or in their area or counter, aside from swiping in and out of the break room.  Or they were night stocker warehouse people.  I guess i was kinda "fortunate", or "unfortunate?" in that i got hired as one of the sorta swiss army knife "Associates" back in high school.  So i could learn a lot about many different things that i didn't ever want to do ever again in my life.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

lol.  No you don't.

It's a special skill of mine to stay weirdly detached from situations and find it funny rather than getting worked up.

It'd probably be boring.  But life is about experiences.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Dumb exit design.  We have a similar situation in my city.

Though to the planners credit, there's an exit going in mid-way through that exit desert sometime next year.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Well. I’m actually not sure what you’d classify it as. Population I think is a little north of 100,000. Land mass I think it’s #2 in the state. Past that one exit it’s just miles and miles of houses.