Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Alvarez, De La Hoya, Hatton, Pacquiao all failed to land on Mayweather. 

McGregor better be hoping Mayweather looks every inch his 40 years otherwise he will struggle mightily. 

I think De La Hoya won that fight tbh. The case could be made for sure 

26 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

SMH, DLH did absolutely nothing after the 6th or 7th round. Floyd won at least two of the first four rounds and six of the last eight. Like you could count on one hand the amount of clean shots he landed after the early stages. Maidana/Cotto/JLC touched up and had far more success than DLH.

5 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

8 oz. gloves were approved.. At least slightly increases the chances of someone getting cracked

I don't see anyone getting cracked during a Mayweather fight. No matter who he's fighting. That's just not his style. 

This doesn't change McGregor's chances at all, imo. If anything this only increases Mayweather's chance because he's already more accustomed to 8oz gloves and more comfortable with them than he would be with 10oz. Sure McGregor has "power" and the lighter, lesser padded gloves may help in that aspect, but that only helps him if he makes solid contact. Just ask Canelo, Paq, Maidana, Cotto, etc. All had "power" in their own right too, they just couldn't connect. 

On 8/16/2017 at 9:44 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

SMH, DLH did absolutely nothing after the 6th or 7th round. Floyd won at least two of the first four rounds and six of the last eight. Like you could count on one hand the amount of clean shots he landed after the early stages. Maidana/Cotto/JLC touched up and had far more success than DLH.

He stopped jabbing after the 7th round and Mayweather rode clean. JLC should have won as well as Maidana.

10 minutes ago, Obsidian311 said:

Would love to see Conor win but I just don't think Mayweather will give him enough opportunities to get punches in to earn the rounds.

Conor's never beating him on points regardless. 

It's ko or nothing. 

On 8/16/2017 at 0:17 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

DLH was basically punching at air the entire fight. People only say he won because he was aggressive. Floyd still landed more punches while throwing considerably less

3 hours ago, RaiderX said:

He stopped jabbing after the 7th round and Mayweather rode clean. JLC should have won as well as Maidana.

Yeah, once DLH stopped using the jab and his size advantage, dude was getting picked apart. He was so much bigger than Floyd but chose to play chess with him which made no sense at all. That to me was a clear Floyd win 117-111 or 116-112.

As for JLC? Now that was one where Floyd could have definitely on the losing end on. I had it a draw but that was with Floyd winning like four of the first five rounds. 

Maidana fought very well, but thought from rounds 9-12 he gassed a bit. I had Floyd winning that fight around 8-4 or 7-5. Both rematches in that fight and the JLC fights were far less competitive.

Archived