Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

6 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

There is just a lot going on in here. The biggest thing I hate about the argument going on in here is the perception that your own viewpoint is the only one that can be right.

Bingo

But this is basically the thought process of any trivial topic these days.

Person A: "Here, LOOK HERE, this supports my point of view, I'M RIGHT!!!"

Person B: "But if you look here, this supports my point of view. You're not right. I'M RIGHT!!!!"

Person A: "No, no, no, don't look over there!! Look HERE!! This is why I'm right"

Person B: "No, no, no, don't look over there!! Look HERE!! This is why I'm right"

Round and round and round we go.

While I acknowledge some people have valid points that may be better than others, it doesn't invalidate the other person's point of view. Your opinion =/= fact, your truth =/= (necessarily) the truth.

There are valid points to both sides and I think both are very valid. Do I think the writing was dog**** this year? Yes. If I heard it was being remade into two seasons, would I be happy? Absolutely but while it rushed, certain aspects must be taken into consideration.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The justification here is that she is more silent than a drop of blood when she's moving. The way they shot that entire scene was really poor, but IMO it's meant to be interpreted as she ran by the White Walkers and then leaped into air "Air Jordan" style and tried to kill him. Idk, that part is very confusing but it was basically done for the visuals I would guess.

So she has a 70" vertical leap? She would be the best athlete in the NBA. 

Also, does anyone think that Bran has a better story than Jon? If they're picking the new king based on the best story, Jon should've been king. 

Jon:

• Secretly Aegon Targaryen, the rightful heir to the throne. 

• Former Lord Commander of the Nights Watch. 

• Raised secretly as a Stark bastard so he wouldn't be executed. 

• Died and was resurrected by the Lord of Light. 

• The first person to unite the Wildlings and Westeros. 

• Savior of humanity. 

Bran: 

• Cripple

• In a wheelchair

• Possessed by an evil spirit

• Warges into birds

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So she has a 70" vertical leap? She would be the best athlete in the NBA. 

Trust me, it makes no sense logically but if she came from a tree there would've literally been no point to the clip of the White Walker's hair moving. Just goes back to lazy writing, tbh.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Also, does anyone think that Bran has a better story than Jon? If they're picking the new king based on the best story, Jon should've been king. 

Jon:

• Savior of humanity. 

Bran: 

• Cripple

• In a wheelchair

• Warges into birds

Bran's story is horrible when you consider that after he becomes the 3ER he does literally nothing. His story isn't even better than Gendry's.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jon:

• Savior of humanity. 

Bran: 

• Cripple

• In a wheelchair

• Warges into birds

In the show, definitely not, but Jon wasn't a possibility without pissing off the Ironborn, Dorne, Unsullied, and Dothraki (possibly even the Stormlands as Dany was the one who appointed Gendry). 

I'm hoping in the books they go into Bran's character more and then there could be a case. A young kid that got pushed from a window, who nearly died and became crippled for the rest of his life, survived beyond the wall and came back with the ability to see anything that has ever happened is up there as far as stories go. 

Even so, I'd still prefer Jon's but it would at least narrow the gap. 

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But the thing is, this show does **** all over the concept of time. Can you please explain to me how Gendry ran from the Arrowhead Mountain to Castle Black, got a Raven to Dragonstone and then Dany flew back to the arrowhead mountain within a day, when it took them several days alone to make the trek from Castle Black to the mountain? The fast traveling stuff is upsetting people because everyone (except the Showrunners, apparently) realize that these things take time, but the show speeds them up because they need pieces in certain places WITHOUT acknowledging that the traveling aspect took time. 

Hell, in the last episode this is where it shows Euron's fleet sinking:

Image result for eurons fleet burning

And yet we're supposed to believe that Euron swam to the shore from there in a matter of minutes? Can you at least understand why people would be upset about these things happening?

I would be, because I haven't seen anyone who suggests that they are upset with Dany ending up as the mad queen.

So what do you want them to put two weeks later titles?  Because that would look great. 

Maybe they should have that little green type up in the bottom left of the time and location like they do in spy thrillers or war movies. 

King's Landing
5:57 in the morning
All Mother's Day

If your biggest issue is them not addressing the passage of time... Maybe you shouldn't watch high fantasy adaptations. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jon:

• Savior of humanity. 

Bran: 

• Cripple

• In a wheelchair

• Warges into birds

You're really underselling Bran's story lol.

Traveled far north of the wall w/ a moron giant, the puny boy from Love Actually, and a couple girls and escaped tNK throwing a massive walker storm at him

Survived the attack at Craster's Keep

Literally knows everything that has ever happened in the history of the world

Not bad for a cripple TBH.

8 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You're really underselling Bran's story lol.

Traveled far north of the wall w/ a moron giant, the puny boy from Love Actually, and a couple girls and escaped tNK throwing a massive walker storm at him

Survived the attack at Craster's Keep

Literally knows everything that has ever happened in the history of the world

Not bad for a cripple TBH.

Bran’s a crippled boy who traveled to the most dangerous part of the world and became a god 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So what do you want them to put two weeks later titles?  Because that would look great. 

Maybe they should have that little green type up in the bottom left of the time and location like they do in spy thrillers or war movies. 

King's Landing
5:57 in the morning
All Mother's Day

If your biggest issue is them not addressing the passage of time... Maybe you shouldn't watch high fantasy adaptations. 

Did you even read the post you responded to?

Time stamps don't explain Euron swimming several miles in water in minutes.

Time stamps don't explain Gendry seemingly running like 20+ miles in minutes, then sending a Raven to Dany in Dragonstone in seconds, then she flies all the way back up north in more minutes.

If you think there's no problem there, just don't bother responding to this lol

I found it a little weird they kept calling him Bran the Broken each time they talked to him.  As part of the story leading up to his nomination, it made sense, but after that was a bit weird.  I was waiting for Bran to say something like "Uh, just King Bran is fine"

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Time stamps don't explain Gendry seemingly running like 20+ miles in minutes, then sending a Raven to Dany in Dragonstone in seconds, then she flies all the way back up north in more minutes.

If you think there's no problem there, just don't bother responding to this lol

Alright, I'll try to answer this.

Euron was an Islander.  Surely, as an Islander, he's a good swimmer. 

It very much depends on your swimming technique and stamina. If you are a beginner, it will be quite difficult to cover a mile without stopping. So one will take 45–50 min for a mile including breaks. If you are a amateur, shouldn't take more than 30 min without any breaks, for competitive swimmers there are no limits.

I'd say he's more than an amateur swimmer, wouldn't you?  The curvature of EARTH is 16 miles.  This is not Earth.  The planet is smaller than Earth.  The ships were destroyed at the START of the battle.  Battle went, say, 45 minutes. 

Also account for currents and other phenomena that might be different in A ******* FANTASY WORLD and no, it's not inconceivable for Euron to swim that far if you just SUSPEND DISBELIEF ENOUGH TO NOT BE AN INSUFFERABLE WHINER. 

As far as Gendry, did the show explicitly state all that was done in a day? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I found it a little weird they kept calling him Bran the Broken each time they talked to him.  As part of the story leading up to his nomination, it made sense, but after that was a bit weird.  I was waiting for Bran to say something like "Uh, just King Bran is fine"

There were soooo many memes on that one.  I found it a little weird too.  Like, he leaned hard into that specific title.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jon:

• Savior of humanity. 

Bran: 

• Cripple

• In a wheelchair

• Warges into birds

Clearly, but Jon was in-prisoned at the time so was conveniently not considered. Mind you, that didn't stop also-in prisoned Tyrion making the history defining decision to completely overhaul the way the continent selects its head in 2 minutes flat, and have a huge say on who the new head should be. So....I dunno. Coz D&D.

Edited by Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Actually the majority of people upset with the way the series ended are upset at Dany turned bad. There are a lot more casuals out there than there are those who watch every scene to pick small details out (or in some of the posters here's case, pick things apart). Those casuals didn't like seeing their hero turn to a villain. 

She wasn't my hero, but I'm still upset the way it ended. Mostly because it's just incredibly disjointed now, and lacks anything like the dialogue, politics and adherent to scale (that's a thing for me, I like logistics) that it used to. I thought her turning mad was to be expected. It was rushed (just like everything now), they should have had episodes of her really starting to show signs of the slippery slope - but 'Jon doesn't love me, so it's fear now' just isn't cutting it. We had 7 seasons of her fighting for the 'people', but a split second of her chucking that all out the window. Just hard to buy. But that's one minor detail in a sea of problems.