Who do you consider the blue bloods of the NFL?

Bolts223

Generation bias is huge. The Giants are getting mentioned even though they had near 20 straight seasons at the beginning of the Super Bowl era where they were awful, but they became great during the 80s and early 90s when NFL television was significantly more widespread than a team like the Dolphins whose peak years were in the early 70s. The Raiders had a rough decade during the start of the HD era of TV so people forget they were one of the premiere and consistent franchises for like 25 years as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:54 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Only a dolphins fan would put them that high. Sorry.

Going off pure win percentage, as he said, they are that high. Miami had consistent success throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s, giving us an impressive win percentage. I believe at one point, Miami had the highest win% in the NFL. Since then we've dropped to fourth, but still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win–loss_records

9 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

redskins have had more iconic players and more sb than the vikings, lolphins, bears and raiders....

Idc to argue the rest but the Raiders are #6 all time in playoff wins, have 4 titles and 8 appearances, and are an internationally beloved brand. We also gave you Al Davis(one of the most important men in the history of the NFL) and John Madden. That's not even naming the legends who've played for this franchise like Tatum, Upshaw, and Bo. We have the only punter in the HOF for christ's sake. Redskins do not trump the Raiders imo. And that's not being bias. There's a reason players and coaches, despite the horrible run we had in the new millenium, still want to be a part of the Raider mystique to this day.

13 hours ago, Malik said:

Generation bias is huge. The Giants are getting mentioned even though they had near 20 straight seasons at the beginning of the Super Bowl era where they were awful, but they became great during the 80s and early 90s when NFL television was significantly more widespread than a team like the Dolphins whose peak years were in the early 70s. The Raiders had a rough decade during the start of the HD era of TV so people forget they were one of the premiere and consistent franchises for like 25 years as well.

Great point, we're always kinda stuck in our minds about how the NFL was during our formative years. Since I started watching in the early 70's, to me the Giants and 49ers will always be weak teams trying to get over the hump even though they've won many Super Bowls since then, and the Seahawks and Buccaneers are the two noob expansion team not represented on my pop's 1975 NFL coffee cup. Back in the day it was easy to spot the Cincy uniform because it said "BENGALS" on the helmet.

Archived