NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Why Juju of all people? He’s the ONE guy who supported AB through everything. This is like Tony Montana killing Manny.

He must think the Raiders are still the villain of the league, maybe he doesn’t know people are not worried about them anymore

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Antonio Brown has become a complete jerk.

For real. I lost all respect for him after that tweet.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Why Juju of all people? He’s the ONE guy who supported AB through everything. This is like Tony Montana killing Manny.

FOR. REAL.

10 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

When are people going to stop being surprised about pro athletes having opinions? 

Brown's entitled to his opinion. He's not even the guy's teammate anymore. 

No one is arguing against pro athletes having opinions on anything in this thread. Brown can say what he wants to the free world, and people are allowed to have an opinion on what opinion he decides to share. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I see Brown taking shots at JuJu. Messed up because the fumble against the Saints he was talking about already made JuJu feel bad and he was trying to get past it.

So a couple of things tied to this too:

2012 we missed the playoffs by 2 games.....2 losses (Oakland and Dallas) Brown fumbled late in the 4th that directly lead to points for the other team and a loss.

This year, we also had Boz miss 3 game winners against Cleveland (week 1), Conner fumble (week 1), Grimble's stupid fumble (Denver), Conners open field fumble (Denver), Boz slipping and missing game winning attempt (Oakland).  But yes only the Juju Fumble mattered.

Someone brought up a picture of 2 years ago of Brown after he stepped out of bounds on a potential game winning TD that would have sent us to the playoffs VS Juju after losing the fumble:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

No one is arguing against pro athletes having opinions on anything in this thread. Brown can say what he wants to the free world, and people are allowed to have an opinion on what opinion he decides to share. 

I think it kinda starts to re-affirms the story that Juju's popularity is what set Brown off too.  Which kinda amazes me that he celebrates Bell, Sanders, Wallace....but Juju is where he draws the line.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dome said:

AB will be super fun to root against this year 

Which is too bad.  I really wanted the Chucky/Mayock combo to work out, too.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it kinda starts to re-affirms the story that Juju's popularity is what set Brown off too.  Which kinda amazes me that he celebrates Bell, Sanders, Wallace....but Juju is where he draws the line.

As a non-Steelers fan, it seemed to me that the reason the Steelers found him replaceable was that they thought Juju could take over his role.  Bell, Sanders, Wallace and all them were always considered complementary pieces to Brown, not usurpers, which is why his ego got super pissed at Juju.

At least, that's how it seems to someone who doesn't follow the Steelers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

As a non-Steelers fan, it seemed to me that the reason the Steelers found him replaceable was that they thought Juju could take over his role.  Bell, Sanders, Wallace and all them were always considered complementary pieces to Brown, not usurpers, which is why his ego got super pissed at Juju.

I personally never did, and the franchise never hinted, at that being the case.  Maybe they saw it in another 3-4 years down the road, but it was being looked as and talked about as creating the most formidable duo with two #1 WR's.  What's a little crazy too: If he's that upset Juju won team MVP, Brown won is in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017.  Personally I think he got mad that Juju did pick up the slack of no Bell, and it didn't go to Brown to set all kinds of receiving records.  Which backs Jesse Washington's article on Brown that he thinks he's more important than the team and the teams success.

EDIT:

And if he was a replacement for anyone, it was Bryant/long missed Heath Miller.

Edited by warfelg

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think that's part of it. AB personality seems to be really Jekyll and hyde.

great article on his behavior from the the summer

have a hard time seeing AB, Job gruden and LV working out.

None of this AB stuff is surprising. A couple years back when he live streamed his coach's speech from the locker room in the playoffs talking about the team they were playing the next week.... that's still to-date the biggest diva move he or any player has done. Revealed everything you need to know about him.