NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s obvious the team mvp thing hurt him. He’s probably having a meltdown right now over the backlash regarding Juju.

The best thing for him to do personally is to apologize publicly to Juju and admit he was wrong. The Pittsburgh bridge is burnt, but his PR image can slightly recover.

It’s so stupid that it “hurt him” considering he was team MPV in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017. Ben only won it once yet he does t really care. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Ben was getting just as much hate as AB now, perhaps even more. Time heals everything. Although I'm not sure AB can stay out of the news is the thing.

Yea that’s a big part of it. Ben has the ability to keep his head down and not talk. Like he hasn’t made a single public comment on this since it’s started. 

Brown is sorta a guy that likes the sound of his own voice so he won’t have the ability to stop. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Preseason, who cares really?

well its the last season in Oakland, so for the fans sake youd think theyd want to have as many games there as possible. 

The only thing that would make sense to me would be having it at UNLV's stadium. That way you get the vegas fans excited. Otherwise, its just another slap in the face to one of the most loyal fanbases in the game

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

well its the last season in Oakland, so for the fans sake youd think theyd want to have as many games there as possible. 

The neutral location contest was the game they were trying to set up in Canadia, but ran into some stadium issues in Saskatchewan

The owners want the Expansion and the US fans hate paying full price for preseason. So they are trying to find other locales that will gladly accept a preseason NFL game instead of forcing those games on season tix holders. UNLV is interesting, but I don't think they want to detract from a Vegas-style Grand Opening when that new stadium Palace is completed

22 hours ago, N4L said:

The only thing that would make sense to me would be having it at UNLV's stadium. That way you get the vegas fans excited. Otherwise, its just another slap in the face to one of the most loyal fanbases in the game

Don't worry, the stadium will be totally theirs come October ;)

Former Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall called Ben Roethliberger a racist on twitter, then this morning walked it back saying “we should be talking about the bad on both sides”. 

This guy. Did he not pay attention in Jan, Feb, March?

• Like 1