Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

These New Orleans hype threads don't die.

Kamara is self-evidently one of the best running backs in football, especially with the way the game is transitioning. He's truly a special talent. Would I argue he's the best runningback in football period? Probably not. But I think it comes back to preference and offensive scheme. I also don't buy his body will break down quicker than other body types. But I guess that remains to be seen. I'm not sure what this discussion has reduced to at this point.

I think the top tier is:

Todd Gurley

Le'Veon Bell

Alvin Kamara

• Like 2

I can't believe people are even arguing Gurley vs Kamara.  It's not even close - Gurley is easily the better player of the two.  That's not putting Kamara down at all, that's just how great of an all-around player Gurley is.  I've already said way earlier in this thread that Kamara is a top five RB, so I'm not trying to disrespect him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've already said way earlier in this thread that Kamara is a top five RB, so I'm not trying to disrespect him.

I think this is lost in all of this - the guy is a 2nd year player and he's already considered a top 5 guy at his position. Can you say that about anyone else in last year's draft class? Pat Mahomes is getting hype, but nobody is crowning him as a top 5 QB. Cooper Kupp is a very good WR, but nobody is saying he's a top 5 WR (and any certain posters who might say that aren't to be taken seriously - you know who I'm talking about). The only other player from that draft that might get that sort of treatment is Myles Garrett, and he was the #1 pick in the draft. 

For those who feel as if people aren't putting "respek" on his name - understand, he's the consensus best offensive player from this draft, by virtue of this discussion. Nobody else is considered a top 5 player at his respective position like Kamara is.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think this is lost in all of this - the guy is a 2nd year player and he's already considered a top 5 guy at his position. Can you say that about anyone else in last year's draft class? Pat Mahomes is getting hype, but nobody is crowning him as a top 5 QB. Cooper Kupp is a very good WR, but nobody is saying he's a top 5 WR (and any certain posters who might say that aren't to be taken seriously - you know who I'm talking about). The only other player from that draft that might get that sort of treatment is Myles Garrett, and he was the #1 pick in the draft. 

For those who feel as if people aren't putting "respek" on his name - understand, he's the consensus best offensive player from this draft, by virtue of this discussion. Nobody else is considered a top 5 player at his respective position like Kamara is.

Well, I think there were other people in the thread who were saying that Kamara's stats were inflated or that he can't really run in-between the tackles, thus, he can't function on the amount of touches that guys like Gurley and Bell get.  I don't agree with that, but it was said earlier on.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

I can't believe people are even arguing Gurley vs Kamara.  It's not even close - Gurley is easily the better player of the two.  That's not putting Kamara down at all, that's just how great of an all-around player Gurley is.  I've already said way earlier in this thread that Kamara is a top five RB, so I'm not trying to disrespect him.

Its much closer than you would care to admit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

These New Orleans hype threads don't die.

Kamara is self-evidently one of the best running backs in football, especially with the way the game is transitioning. He's truly a special talent. Would I argue he's the best runningback in football period? Probably not. But I think it comes back to preference and offensive scheme. I also don't buy his body will break down quicker than other body types. But I guess that remains to be seen. I'm not sure what this discussion has reduced to at this point.

I think the top tier is:

Todd Gurley

Le'Veon Bell

Alvin Kamara

The lack of Zeke in this thread is interesting. Not sure what else the guy has to do.

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

The lack of Zeke in this thread is interesting. Not sure what else the guy has to do.

I agree. There’s a bit of recency bias. It’s fun debating who’s better but the reality is that each back is different but each is pretty special. This may be the pinnacle of the RB position in the NFL 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

Go ahead and find a post where I said he's better. Hint; I didn't. I said it was really close.

NFL Fans, Gurley is better than Kamara,

Saint fans. Gurley is better.:

NFL Fans. Gurley is great and there isn’t a better RB.

Saint fans. Kamara is there with him. 

Bunch or Bipolar ohhhs. 

13 minutes ago, El ramster said:

NFL Fans, Gurley is better than Kamara,

Saint fans. Gurley is better.:

NFL Fans. Gurley is great and there isn’t a better RB.

Saint fans. Kamara is there with him. 

Bunch or Bipolar ohhhs. 

Gurley can be better, and Kamara can almost be as good or just as good my guy. Also, did you finally get a mic?

Edited by Breesus mode