Patrick Peterson ask to be traded.

El Ramster

54 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I actually think that the Eagles are the favorite to land him here given yesterday's debacle.  Too bad they weren't smart enough to trade nick Foles while he still had a good amount of value.  They would have gotten a valuable draft pick that they could really use now in this situation but instead they're stuck with a journeyman backup QB and no 2nd round pick

(quietly hoping the Jags make a move for him after this week)

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

I actually think that the Eagles are the favorite to land him here given yesterday's debacle.  Too bad they weren't smart enough to trade nick Foles while he still had a good amount of value.  They would have gotten a valuable draft pick that they could really use now in this situation but instead they're stuck with a journeyman backup QB and no 2nd round pick

Nothing to do with not being smart enough, they simply made the choice to pay respects to the man who delivered them their first SB. Gave him control of his destination. Weren't going to ship him to a poor situation if he didn't want to go there. Not to mention, with Carson's return date unknown, it wasn't like he was kept around purely for "karma" or whatever you'd want to call an FO not operating purely on logic.

Now it's possible this was just a spin zone or all talk from the FO, and the Eagles would have shipped Foles to Somalia under the right circumstances, but if that was the case then we can also assume the interest in Foles just wasn't there, not enough to warrant losing as good a backup as you can have with a QB coming back from a serious injury with a murky timetable in a year where you were fully expecting to make another SB run.

The Saints can make the cap situation happen, they always do. The question is whether Arizona will give in to his demands and if the Saints can put together a package for them. What are Arizona's positions of weakness? I think a 2019 2nd + 4th and a young player like Trequan Smith would be a good return since the Saints can't offer a 1st.

8 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Apparently wants to go to the Saints. Him and Lattimore, that'd be quite the duo. Could NO make the cap space for such a move? I know they are already short on future resources, but they are in win now mode. Definitely would have to consider it.

If I had a dollar for every time I have asked myself this question during Micky Loomis' GM tenure....

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Apparently wants to go to the Saints. Him and Lattimore, that'd be quite the duo. Could NO make the cap space for such a move? I know they are already short on future resources, but they are in win now mode. Definitely would have to consider it.

We can restructure a few guys to make space. I'm not sure what the ramifications would be down the line  but we could fit him in this year.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

I'd like to see mediocre quarterbacks like Mitch Trubisky try to look like Joe Montana against a tandem of him and Gilmore.

Pats CB’s aren’t the issue. Their garbage front 7 is the problem. Easily the worst group of the AFC playoff contenders. 

Archived