What does everyone do for a living?

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

Tell me more about it. I’m thinking about going back to college and that is one of the few options I’m considering doing

Went to Mid Michigan Community College for it. I didn't find the schooling to be very hard or anything. 

I work at a smaller hospital in Northern Michigan. I like it because you just spend about 5-10 minutes taking the xrays, then on to the next patient. 

Every patient is different obviously, so I like the variety of it. Nothing is ever really the exact same. Not a ton of full time jobs around here, but if you're willing to relocate you shouldn't have any problem landing a job. 

Ideally I would like to get crossed trained in CT so I can make more money. The pay I get now isn't bad though. 

Any other questions feel free to ask.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Went to Mid Michigan Community College for it. I didn't find the schooling to be very hard or anything. 

I work at a smaller hospital in Northern Michigan. I like it because you just spend about 5-10 minutes taking the xrays, then on to the next patient. 

Every patient is different obviously, so I like the variety of it. Nothing is ever really the exact same. Not a ton of full time jobs around here, but if you're willing to relocate you shouldn't have any problem landing a job. 

Ideally I would like to get crossed trained in CT so I can make more money. The pay I get now isn't bad though. 

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Don’t wanna rudely directly ask you how much you make a year but what is the approximate range it makes? Assuming it would be the same in my area too potentially since I’m in Mi too

Did it take two years to get the degree or sooner? schools gonna be a real ***** for me cause I am a single dad but I’m gonna have to make it work 

what would be the difference in responsibilities and pay between what you are and CT

And you already answered my last question which was pretty much how easy is it to find a job. Should be relatively easy for me if I want to work in south bend or Mishawaka or something. Tons of different opportunities there. 

I’m a truck driver. I own my truck and lease on to my brothers neighbor. We have contracts with a couple greenhouses. I haul flowers in the from Spring to Early/Mid Fall. I have no life in the Spring and Summer, if I’m not working then I’m sleeping. I make enough in that time that I can take the winter off though, so it all works out. I have to put up with a lot of BS stress between the DOT, Greenhouse, motoring public and occasionally the receivers but I love it overall.

• Like 2

Doing something I never really knew existed growing up, I work on drilling rigs and provide all you people with the hydrocarbons that are allow such easy travel and many other modern comforts.

Work is 14 days on and 14 days off so I am gone from my family for half the year but the other have I get spend it freely.  I just don't have any control over holidays or anything like that.

• Like 1