What does everyone do for a living?

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I’m a truck driver. I own my truck and lease on to my brothers neighbor. We have contracts with a couple greenhouses. I haul flowers in the from Spring to Early/Mid Fall. I have no life in the Spring and Summer, if I’m not working then I’m sleeping. I make enough in that time that I can take the winter off though, so it all works out. I have to put up with a lot of BS stress between the DOT, Greenhouse, motoring public and occasionally the receivers but I love it overall.

I love driving (choose to commute an hour when there’s tons of butcher shops around where I could work) and will very likely be a commercial driver at some point in my life. I’ve considered it a few times. My friend had a gig where he’d fly all over the country to pick up someone’s vehicle and drive it to them.

Usually RVs and big rigs when people were moving and didn’t want to come back for it themselves.

Edited by Dome

On 12/17/2018 at 8:02 PM, Tyty said:

Barback at a distillery 

My fav job I’ve had for sure and I’m closing in on a year there. The atmosphere, pay, and job itself are all good and well but the people I work with make the whole job what it is and I really enjoy working with all of em. 

I read this as bareback... :o

This makes a lot more sense now.  Too much browsing AMP forums.  Carry on.

36 minutes ago, Dome said:
38 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

I read this as bareback... :o

This makes a lot more sense now.  Too much browsing AMP forums.  Carry on.

Lol no man.

Thats just his side gig. 

Ayy whatever puts meat on the table. Literally and figuratively. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Im a teacher. It's tough work but I love the time off.

I tip my hat to you. Never had a clue what teachers have to go though until I married one. The time off is nice but you guys work well over the FT minimum of 40 hours a week even if you take the 10 weeks in the Summer and Spring/Winter break

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I tip my hat to you. Never had a clue what teachers have to go though until I married one. The time off is nice but you guys work well over the FT minimum of 40 hours a week even if you take the 10 weeks in the Summer and Spring/Winter break

Absolutely. With coaching and everything else I easily put in 60 hours a week, minimum. Its worth it though, its stressful and some stretches get really tough but nothing beats a student from a few years back sending you a letter/email telling you how much you impacted them. I think every time I get one it adds another year to my career lol!

• Like 1