Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Any trade for Julio wont cost you picks this year from what they say. 

It won't since Atlanta is looking for cap room which they'd only get with a post june 1st trade. They can agree to a trade before that but the picks in this draft can't be moved if the trade isn't officially processed.

44 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd do a future 2nd for Julio in 1 second. Not more than that though.

What would his cap hit be?  I might give a 4th if his cap hit is $18.  Would have rather gone after Golladay for the same price since he is 5 years younger and would not have to give away a pick.  For a 2nd I would say no.  Julio is still a good player and maybe great if last year was a fluke injury season but age does play a factor.  I am either trading a pick for a good low cost vet or I am signing a high priced vet.  I am not going to trade for one unless the compensation is a late round pick.  The only reason why anybody saw us winning the Mack trade was we got picks and freed up a lot of cap space.  For us to be close to considered winners in the trade Julio would have to play at a high level for 3-4 years at least.  That puts him at 35-36 years old.  It could happen but I would rather get younger.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agreed. I hate giving up 1st's for vet WR's. I don't care who it is. I don't even like giving up 2nd's for vet WR's, but for Julio I'd make a rare exception. 2022 2nd would be what I'm willing to surrender. Throw a 7th in as well if they want. 

On a podcast I was listening too they said a 3rd would probably be enough. Would be a little nervous to pay a 33/34 year old Julio $20M in 2022/2023 especially after coming off of an injury plagued season. 

Jones has a 15m salary.... we’ve basically exhausted almost every possible restructuring option and have like 5M in cap and need 3.5m Or so To sign draft picks.....

I honestly can’t see a way in which we squeeze him onto the team without mortgaging the future caps and doing some reckless cap restructuring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Jones has a 15m salary.... we’ve basically exhausted almost every possible restructuring option and have like 5M in cap and need 3.5m Or so To sign draft picks.....

I honestly can’t see a way in which we squeeze him onto the team without mortgaging the future caps and doing some reckless cap restructuring.

My dumb *** forgot about this year. No way we can fit him under THIS year.

My dumb *** forgot about this year. No way we can fit him under THIS year.

Yeah ...it’s like a zero chance in heck we could afford him This year.  Don’t be too hard on yourself, lol, the excitement of getting him plus the draft frenzy was just overwhelming.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

On a podcast I was listening too they said a 3rd would probably be enough. Would be a little nervous to pay a 33/34 year old Julio $20M in 2022/2023 especially after coming off of an injury plagued season. 

We've done worse things with 3rd round picks in recent years.