Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-uyjGl-Sg/

Raiders GM Mike Mayock stated the team likes T Jaryd Jones-Smith when it relates to RT and drafting a T. 

"The 6-7, 345 pound 25 year old, Jones-Smith was signed with the Raiders in September and was promoted in week 8. 

He appeared in 3 games for the Raiders mainly on ST but took 29 offensive snaps vs the Chargers in week 10 following Sam Young's injury. Jones-Smith recorded a 74.2 PFF grade in these snaps including an elite 88.2 Run Blocking grade. In addition, he allowed 0 sacks, 0 hurries, and 1 pressure.

Jones-Smith was also mentioned by Kolton Miller in a press conference earlier. 

Now I should clarify this in no means states the Raiders won't be drafting a T but it brings into question what round. Could the team use Jones-Smith and Parker as backups (Parker at LT and Jones-Smith at RT) and draft someone in the first 2 rounds or could they possibly start Jones-Smith/Parker and develop a 3rd round pick such as Spencer Brown, Jackson Carman, Brady Christensen or Walker Little".

I always wondered about this guy, he is huge.

Edited by Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Who is Jaryd Jones-Smith and why is Mayock saying he could start at RT?

In best Arnold voice...Who is your daddy and what does he do.

Honestly I think when you have a GLARING need entering the draft you need to talk up the back-ups you've been hiding like this guy and James. Wouldn't shock me to see us got RT/C in first 2 rounds

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, Humble_Beast said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-uyjGl-Sg/

Raiders GM Mike Mayock stated the team likes T Jaryd Jones-Smith when it relates to RT and drafting a T.

Imagine we skip taking an OT early and god forbid Miller/Incognito get hurt.

Our starting OL:
Brandon Parker - John Simpson - Andre James - Denzel Good - Jayrd Jones Smith