AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

If BAL wants to get back into game, 3 things have to happen:

1.  They have to start running outside.  The Chargers plan to sell out to shoot the gaps has the Ravens power run game completely stifled.  They borrowed the CLE formation plan, but the selling out to shoot the gaps is a nice wrinkle.   The BAL OL is completely baffled.  Running outside though gets the RB out of the target zone for guys who blow up the gaps, and it leaves much bigger holes outside.

2.  The BAL has to get at least 1, if not 2 TO's.   They need to make it easier for Lamar to get into scoring range.

3.   The BAL D needs a quick stop on the opening drive (or that TO).   They are clearly starting to get gassed now.

I hate the run-run-run LAC chose at the 6, and the early predictability they had in run-run-pass with a 3-0 and 6-0 lead.   But the 2 minute drill showed a nice variety of plays, and their O is very confident.   I love the 3-safety alignment that allows them to spy Lamar.   Kudos to the DC, that was one helluva plan.

Still, it's only 12-0.   1 big play, and BAL is back in it.  But LAC getting the ball offers them the chance to make a killer blow. I'd love to see LAC play with killer instinct when needed.   

Just now, Boltstrikes said:

Do you like defenses playing well? This is the game for you. Still upset the Chargers couldn’t get a TD when the Ravens gifted us a red zone visit but being ahead at halftime against a team this good makes me happy.

I like watching defenses playing well. Not a good defense taking advantage of an inept offense. The Chargers offense vs Ravens defense match up is great though. The other side is a **** show

Just now, Boltstrikes said:

Do you like defenses playing well? This is the game for you. Still upset the Chargers couldn’t get a TD when the Ravens gifted us a red zone visit but being ahead at halftime against a team this good makes me happy.

Is the Chargers defense really playing exceptional or is Baltimores QB making awful throws?

Just now, BayRaider said:

You definitey start Flacco in the 2nd half. Chargers gameplanned their butts off for Jackson. Put in Flacco and see if he’s still Playoff Flacco. Probably not, but you don’t have much to lose. 

Yeah that would go over well with the rest of the locker room.

5 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I actually like the adjusments Whiz made on this last drive. Think we may be on to something.

Raven's D is amazing, btw.

Folks knocking them not going for the TD on the last drive also have to remember that they get the ball back to start the 2nd half.  Take the points.  If you want to come out aggressive to start the 2nd half - and even consider yourself in 4-down territory if you get into the red-zone, then that's a viable option.

Yeah, too soon to pull your starting QB. Get down 3 scores and I think you have to because Lamar isn't a comeback type QB right now. He also needs to take care of the ball, 9th straight game with a fumble (14 fumbles in that span) but has been lucky to only lose 4.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You definitey start Flacco in the 2nd half. Chargers gameplanned their butts off for Jackson. Put in Flacco and see if he’s still Playoff Flacco. Probably not, but you don’t have much to lose. 

I'm telling you, no fu manchu means no Playoff Joe.

Archived