Around The League V.2

Totty

A big part of why Vernon Hargreaves is available is a lack of hustle which is another way to say love of the game and without that I'm not sure he is a fit with this team. That said putting a waiver on him to test his love for the game and hustle before he is a FA is an option.

To be honest I haven't seen him play much as a Buccaneer, but in college he was a star on an absolutely stacked defensive backfield (Vernon Hargreaves, Quincy Wilson, Jalen Tabor, Marcus Maye, Keanu Neal). I don't think at any point in his tenure in Tampa did he have significant talent around him in his defensive backfield. His game's success might be predicated on being able to pass a receiver off to a safety, again I haven't watched so it's speculation, but there isn't a viable safety in Tampa to the best of my knowledge where in college he did.

I remember in college Amari Cooper going off against Vernon Hargreaves (his dominance in the match up was one of the strong reinforcements of definitely Cooper over Kevin White, where the only other question became Cooper v. Leonard Williams). When Hargreaves came out the year after Amari, I vaguely remember Cooper speaking very positively of Hargreaves. Then we played the Buccs that year which was the insane penalty game where Carr threw like 500 yards and managed a win. In that game I think Cooper destroyed Hargreaves again, but the game was so vertical if I remember correctly, it may be a bit of the passing off to a safety thing I speculated earlier.

Regardless reading this post of mine, I am imagining how a not large corner that needs significant safety help deep helps us in the AFC West. Deep he would be targeted deep by Mahomes to Hardman, Robinson, or Tyreek. The Chargers with Keenan Allen or Mike Williams then have size advantages. I don't know if gambling on him finding his love for the game is worth the potential upside. I think his best future resides on a team like NE as a role player where he'd have safety support and an elite CB team mate wiping out the top option, and a pass rush limiting deep shots time to develop along with a love for football you need to do your job culture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

And that's on you, if that's what you hear.

Yep, that’s not what’s being said at all. We are just saying Carr has to take accountability, not have fans pass it off to literally every other outlet like things are only 5% his fault. Carr played a massive role in his bad play.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Thank you. I can admit when Carrs doing well and heck I’m sold on him for another season but I just hate that a few here act like he has zero flaws, has never lost us games, and has never been part of the problem. 

I’m glad the dude is reviving his career. But some fans are intolerable. 

Who has ever said Carr has zero flaws?  No one.  There is no such thing as a Qb with zero flaws and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Brady has flaws, Montana had flaws, every Qb has flaws.

The reason we have 5 wins with a terrible overall roster has mostly to do with Carr.  Jacobs and the Oline have been huge contributors as well and I can only imagine how potent our O would be with a true number 1 Wr too.  We had that with AB but the dude was a total clown.  He's right where he belongs in the unemployment line and it won't be long before he is bankrupt as well.  

• Like 2

Just watched the Buccaneers against the Cardinals and have to say, Kyler Murray was a lot better than I thought he would be. He put some zip on his throws and didn't look too fazed by a decent pass rush. Seems more than just a gimmick to me and wondering what's the opinion of others who've watched more than 1 game and a pre season quarter of his play?

Also, the slightly shocked to see the legend that is Matt McGloin was an analyst in the studio in the UK on this one :D:D

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the Buccaneers against the Cardinals and have to say, Kyler Murray was a lot better than I thought he would be. He put some zip on his throws and didn't look too fazed by a decent pass rush. Seems more than just a gimmick to me and wondering what's the opinion of others who've watched more than 1 game and a pre season quarter of his play?

Also, the slightly shocked to see the legend that is Matt McGloin was an analyst in the studio in the UK on this one :D:D

How is this a surprise? He had the most zip in college to. And his pocket awareness was only #2 to Ryan Finley imo. He was also graded the best pure pocket passer in the draft by PFF. 

I feel people who kept complaining Kyler was a fringe 1st Round Pick never actually watched him much. 

Him, Bosa, and QW were in the top tier for me. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

giphy.gif

Kap is a total joke and a horrible QB.  Instead of Kap being a pro victim and doing stupid private workouts, why doesn't he go to the CFL or AFL and totally dominate and prove that he deserves to be on an NFL roster?

You want to know why he doesn't?  Because he knows he will suck, even when exposed to lower level competition.  When that happens it will end the controversy and his gravy train that is his Nike deal. 

The guy is the definition of a victim, bum, chicken hawk.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Kap is a total joke and a horrible QB.  Instead of Kap being a pro victim and doing stupid private workouts, why doesn't he go to the CFL or AFL and totally dominate and prove that he deserves to be on an NFL roster?

You want to know why he doesn't?  Because he knows he will suck, even when exposed to lower level competition.  When that happens it will end the controversy and his gravy train that is his Nike deal. 

The guy is the definition of a victim, bum, chicken hawk.  

“Pro victim” yeah ok pal 

anyways, right after his last season, he would be at best a low end starter or quality backup. Now with all of this time away, not sure what he can offer at this stage.

5 hours ago, true2form said:

I can live with that. Doesn't change the facts.

Here is a fact..Either he afraid to use his legs or lacks awareness, he had an entire left side of the field open for a walk in TD instead threw incomplete he does this regularly, when he has running lanes for easy first it's one of his flaws , 90% of QB's would have ran that in period. We are not sweating a 2 point win if he makes that play. Now think about all the times you yelled at the TV when Carr could have just ran for a first down to keep a drive alive.

bro Carr needs to run it for a first right there. 

Carr could have ran left for the TD

Zay was open. Carr probably could have ran for that first. Terrible play.

Carr needs to not rush there.. scramble a bit and get first or throw to Jacobs

Lol half the field was open Carr could have ran it in 

Carr should of just ran for first slide down. Let Jacobs do rest

Kap has been out of the game too long. He wasn't good after losing weight (injury) and this was before the kneeling. I understand why owners wouldn't want their 'brand' attached to a polarizing movement that unfortunately was more taken out of context (disrespecting vets/flag/country) than the discussion of police violence. I'm actually more pro 'blue' than I've ever been. Usually because I'm up to no good/having fun but they have the raw end of the stick for the bad apples you hear about (media/news if it bleeds it leads) compared to the good (alot helped in the fires in Sonoma County and knowing some in the gym you hear the stories that aren't reported because they're positive) Most are just doing their job and I'd want nothing to do with a job where the majority of people don't like/trust or respect you just because you wear a badge. Needs to get back to 'protect and serve' but doubt that happens before the National Guard just steps in for riot control if ish hits the fan. I wouldn't have a problem with Kap on our team and I said this long ago. I was G on the other site too if you want to check. ^_^ I think the NFL has moved on but nice to see an opportunity. I remember Michael Sam getting a special combine (and others) but that was obvious especially being we're not doing that now.