Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He's good enough to have a backup job in the NFL. He doesn't have to go to Canada to prove that.

I do agree with this but i think something that is rarely brought up is;
Coaches want their backup QB to be able to run the same O as the starting QB.
With Kap, most nfl teams would need to install a different O.
Seattle and Balt make sense, maybe KC

then there is the whole, paying your backup qb 20 mil issue

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So sitting on his couch and complaining about how no one wants to sign him is a better option?  Come on man....

Yes. The highest paid player in the CFL makes $500,000 per year!! Kap's not getting off the couch for that. Risking injury, etc. 

If he was as good as people claim he would go to the CFL, showcase his skills, show that is ability to read a D has improved and he can have success against lesser competition.  

Non-sense. He doesn't have to prove anything in freaking Canada of all places. The lackluster QB play in the league shows he could stick as a backup at minimum. And again, there is no money in the CFL.

No one is comparing the CFL to the NFL but if the guy was serious about playing he would do everything in his power to force and NFL team to sign him.  All he does now is talk and talk is cheap.

Again... there is no money in the CFL. The risk/reward isn't worth it

The guy is a terrible QB and a lazy bum.

He's good enough to be in the NFL. Lazy seems like a stretch. Known as a hard worker going back to Nevada. Adonis body athlete. 

ive said this before, his kneeling was a social injustice thing, that's all fine and dandy. however, it is a slap in the face to someone like pat tillman, rocky blier, roger Staubach, hell, even someone like napoleon mcallum,.....plenty of players are vets too. yes im a vet (usmc) so maybe im biased.  you reap what you sow....for cryin out loud, the league had to rethink the flippin whole national anthem presentation for a minute. me even typing that last statement makes me grit my teeth. do I think he should be blackballed? no. do I think he should have thought it out more? absolutely. bottom line, not one high paid athlete (white ,black, purple, green...whatever color) has their job without the sacrifices of their forefathers....period. giving respect to that should've been priority #1. IMO. btw, yes going to Canada to play would suck, but ill be damned if I want to hear complaints about only making 500k to "play a game" this is just my opinion. im sure it wont be popular.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

ive said this before, his kneeling was a social injustice thing, that's all fine and dandy. however, it is a slap in the face to someone like pat tillman, rocky blier, roger Staubach, hell, even someone like napoleon mcallum,.....plenty of players are vets too. yes im a vet (usmc) so maybe im biased.  you reap what you sow....for cryin out loud, the league had to rethink the flippin whole national anthem presentation for a minute. me even typing that last statement makes me grit my teeth. do I think he should be blackballed? no. do I think he should have thought it out more? absolutely. bottom line, not one high paid athlete (white ,black, purple, green...whatever color) has their job without the sacrifices of their forefathers....period. giving respect to that should've been priority #1. IMO. btw, yes going to Canada to play would suck, but ill be damned if I want to hear complaints about only making 500k to "play a game" this is just my opinion. im sure it wont be popular.

It was another Vet who suggested he take a knee, I think it's stupid people turned it into oh he disrespecting our flag thing.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Pat Tillman got shot by friendly fire that was lightweight very suspicious. I taught with his old coach in San Jose ca. Bad example imo