NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Two possibilities:

1) Cardinals want to make it seem like they could keep Rosen to push the price up; or

2) Another team is leaking it to try and dissuade the Cardinals from taking Murray.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong Casserly report.

This is what I was going to say. Rosen doesn't have as much value if everyone knows they are taking murray either way, or someone else wants murray and wants to make the cardinals think twice. Only two things I can think of with all the conflicting information

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

From Middlekauff on the athletic talking about Casserly's report of Murray's below average qualities. If it was really that bad, I don't know how Arizona is possibly smitten with him lol

I find that report hard to believe or rather I don’t believe he would say those things without reasoning.

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Neither of them are Franchise QBs....

I don't think we can say that yet.  How to make Rosen useful is pretty clear-: pass block for him; he sees ghosts.   How to make Murray useful is less clear to me but the reason Kingsbury got the job is that the man was pretty clearly that he was able to manufacture passing offense with a talent disadvantage.

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't think we can say that yet.  How to make Rosen useful is pretty clear-: pass block for him; he sees ghosts.   How to make Murray useful is less clear to me but the reason Kingsbury got the job is that the man was pretty clearly that he was able to manufacture passing offense with a talent disadvantage.

You use his rare combination of athleticism and throwing ability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Sounds like Michael Vick. Just saying haha.

This is my comp for him as well.

Mini-Vick.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking him #1 overall but I doubt he develops into a Super Bowl winning QB. 

9 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think this might officially be the most absurd "anonymous scout" report I have heard, and that is a high bar to clear.

Like people have long suspected funny business with 40 times at the combine (despite the fact that all 32 NFL teams own several stopwatches) but is their tape measure broke now?

20181208_072829_1111Heisman09a_500.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

It's worth noting that Baker is standing on the ball of his foot in that Instagram photo while Kyler's foot is flat on the ground.

Baker is also closer to the camera. 

This whole height discrepancy is pretty dumb at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

How do you inflate someones measurements at the NFL combine though? 

You glue small rubber blocks to the bottoms of your heels, stretch your socks over them and line up to be measured.
The other thing people do is that they hang upside down for awhile before the measurement, stretching out the spine
People are naturally a wee bit taller when they get out of bed in the morning, they shrink a tad throughout the day

These are tactics that were used by police cadets in the past, who needed to make height requirements in order to join the force

10 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

How do you inflate someones measurements at the NFL combine though? 

I mean, rather than analyze pictures to figure out someone's height, we could perhaps use some sort of measuring device that is calibrated in inches.  If Murray somehow cheated the person at the combine who was measuring his height, are all the other heights suspect?

Like the whole reason we have the combine is so we can have accurate medical and height/weight/speed numbers.