BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

24 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think I wrapped my head around it....The dumb way to describe it is as follows:

If we reduce all rookie first round contracts to 4 years it will mirror NFL contracts, therefore BDL teams are making decisions on 5th year options and 3ups at the same time as the NFL teams meaning that the contracts they would sign would mirror their IRL contract length exactly and the term would only differ due to the BDL 3up discount (75%).

If that is correct I'll vote, if that's incorrect or not the intent of the change please let me know.

This is exactly the logic behind the rule change.  

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think I wrapped my head around it....The dumb way to describe it is as follows:

If we reduce all rookie first round contracts to 4 years it will mirror NFL contracts, therefore BDL teams are making decisions on 5th year options and 3ups at the same time as the NFL teams meaning that the contracts they would sign would mirror their IRL contract length exactly and the term would only differ due to the BDL 3up discount (75%).

If that is correct I'll vote, if that's incorrect or not the intent of the change please let me know.

Basically that is the logic. I am a yes on reducing the First Round contract length.

I am a no on reducing any other round or increasing any other round

Topic:  6a. Change the draft

Idea submitter: SirA

Current situation: Currently we have a 7 round draft two weeks before the NFL Draft (picks tradable for the current and the next year) with 2 rounds of PFA after the NFL draft that go through a waiver system with picks not tradable

Detailed idea Reduce the draft to 5 rounds and have 4 rounds of PFA

Argument for : Increase interest throughout later rounds and reduce the bust rate of late rounders by knowing where they went IRL

Applicable on: 2020

YES (0) - 

YES BUT ONLY WITH ITEM 6b (1) - BDP

YES BUT WITH 6 rounds and 3 rounds of PFA (1) - Whicker

NO BUT have Rounds 6-7 happen after the NFL draft  (0) - 

NO BUT have Round 7 happen after the NFL draft (1) - Ted

NO CHANGE (9) - Ruskie, Counselor, wwhicock, PR, SirA, bcb, MD4L, Rags, Xmad

Topic: 6b. Change PFA

Idea submitter: Rags

Current situation: Currently we have a 7 round draft two weeks before the NFL Draft (picks tradable for the current and the next year) with 2 rounds of PFA after the NFL draft that go through a waiver system with picks not tradable

Detailed idea Make PFA picks tradable

Argument for : Increase interest throughout later rounds and reduce the bust rate of late rounders by knowing where they went IRL

Applicable on: 2029

YES BUT ONLY IF 6a (1) - BDP

YES in draft style PFA (2) - PR, Counselor

YES BUT ONLY CURRENT YEAR, NOT FUTURE YEAR, and during the BDL draft (3) - Whicker, SirA, Rags

NO  (6) - Ted, Ruskie, wwhicock, bcb, MD4L, Xmad

@Jlash @pheltzbahr @PR @Counselor @WFLukic @Whicker @BringinDaPain @wwhickok @RuskieTitan @MD4L @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @SirA1 @Hockey5djh @SwoleXmad

I did my best, please vote on item 6a and 6b, and if there are other conditions, please let me knox

I vote yes to move 7th rounders to after the NFL draft

I want to preserve the contract structure of 6th and 7th rounders. But I do agree that I lose interest in the 6th 7th round usually, so moving them after the draft might be s smart option.

I vote no to trade PFAs because I simply think that speculating is not the goal of PFAs

I meant to table any changes to the draft rounds until the summer because too many picks have been traded this year for it to be fair.

We only wanted to test the PFA draft after the NFL Draft (Rounds 8-9 if you want to really be specific) and make them tradable during the 2019 draft. 

If that worked then we could expand on that this summer.

6a - No

6b - Yes only for PFA draft in 2019 and tradable during the draft they apply to. It's just something to try and if we don't like it we can go back to the old PFA in 2020 without any repercussions. 

Eventually I think we will end up liking the change and it will at most go to 6-3 before/after. 

Archived