Browns trade for OBJ

49erurtaza

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Don't get the hate for the Giants. They finally acknowledge they suck. Eli is nothing more than a Bortles or Keenum to them, a bridge to a new QB. They're finally rebuilding and not living in the fake reality where they are a move or two away. Get Haskins/Murray, build around them and Barkley.

You really don’t get the hate for this move? What exactly are you going to get at 17 that will replace ODB? And if you draft a QB now who’s he going to throw to? 

• Like 1

Something is off with this trade.

Why would the Giants trade him for only a 1st, 3rd and Peppers? I feel like they could have gotten much more. Theoretically they could have kept Odell and still maintained the necessary draft capitol to move up to 3 to draft Haskins. Maybe, just maybe, the Giants target is Kyler Murray at 1, and they needed the extra draft capitol to move up with Arizona. 

3 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I'll need to see the final product before I judge the trade. Obviously my 1st impression is the Browns certainly got the better of the deal. But with the 6th and 17th pick if Gettleman nails a couple of studs...maybe a pass rusher and a WR, possibly turns that 3rd around for Rosen. Peppers and Bethea could make for a decent safety duo. If they can scoop up a serviceable WR in FA. Could make it work. Hard to imagine what his end game is here. You just gave up a top 5 playmaker in the NFL... the payoff better be damn worth it

I think a more likely, and better, option is to use their picks this year on OL and defense this year, plan to suck to go after Tua next year, and then hope for the Clemson WR the following year.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick_gb said:

The biggest winner of this trade? Jason Garrett. The path to him keeping his job just became a little easier. 

If Dallas isn't in the playoffs next season, he should immediately be fired. No excuses.