A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

15 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Just because Greg is passive aggressive doesn't mean Rodgers isn't. Literally everyone in the world has seen Rodgers be passive aggressive. It's like his least debated personality trait.

he might disagree with that

by taking a subtle shot at you in a live press conference

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Just because Greg is passive aggressive doesn't mean Rodgers isn't. Literally everyone in the world has seen Rodgers be passive aggressive. It's like his least debated personality trait.

I don't disagree but Rodgers constantly gets called out for it when these guys are doing the exact same thing. That's my point. 

My god I honestly feel embarrassed for Jennings and Finley. I'm not here saying Rodgers is perfect but those two have just tarnished any respect I had left for them. 

My memory of those two will now be forever perplexed by them being douchebags rather than good football players. 

Edited by ReadyToThump

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

I don't disagree but Rodgers constantly gets called out for it when these guys are doing the exact same thing. That's my point. 

Let's be real for a minute here, Rodgers hasn't been consistently called out by anyone for anything in his entire career up until about 6 months ago. Every time this team lost in the playoffs (and he played relatively poorly) the call has been to fire everyone else. The defining narrative of his career has been, "The Packers are wasting Rodgers career" like Rodgers isn't even part of the team he's so much above them.

Jennings and Finley have been called out way more for being haters than Rodgers has about anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

My god I honestly feel embarrassed for Jennings and Finley. I'm not here saying Rodgers is perfect but those two have just tarnished any respect I had left for them. 

My memory of those two will now be forever perplexed by them being douchebags rather than good football players. 

This is what made you lose respect for Finley. Him honestly answering a question with his opinion? Not the room temperature IQ or family drama he's got going on?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is what made you lose respect for Finley. Him honestly answering a question with his opinion? Not the room temperature IQ or family drama he's got going on?

Finley said Rodgers wouldn't throw to him until he learned the playbook and ran the right routes. Are you fricking kidding me right now about him HONESTLY answering a question. He made a complete fool of himself? 

41 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Finley said Rodgers wouldn't throw to him until he learned the playbook and ran the right routes. Are you fricking kidding me right now about him HONESTLY answering a question. He made a complete fool of himself? 

That's honestly how he feels though lol. He's just dumb.

Idk how that's "dishonest" golf.

Edited by Norm

1 hour ago, Norm said:

That's honestly how he feels though lol. He's just dumb.

Idk how that's "dishonest" golf.

He was questioning why someone would lose respect for Finley. His response removed any respect I had for the dumb ***. I never said he was dishonest, but at what point does he replay that clip and say, wow, I might want to shut up because I'm a dumb ***! 

Jennings on the other hand, he's just an ***. 

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

He was questioning why someone would lose respect for Finley. His response removed any respect I had for the dumb ***. I never said he was dishonest, but at what point does he replay that clip and say, wow, I might want to shut up because I'm a dumb ***! 

Jennings on the other hand, he's just an ***. 

Clearly Finley has almost zero self awareness. That's why he keeps getting caught up in this all. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

And a 2nd round WR?

Eh. With all this news about Rodgers injury, I'm feeling a lot better about our passing offense for 2019/2020

Last year just seems like a combination of bad **** happening, Rodgers injury first game of the year, Gernimo/Cobb going down, one handed Grarham , Jones missing more than a quarter of the season. Things couldn't have been much worse, excluding Bahk/Rodgers going down for the year.

I'm not so sure our offense wasn't going to make a huge leap whether we got rid of McCarthy or not-- just based on luck, health, and the young receiving core growing. Who knows same could happen this season. Hoping Lafleurs offense puts a emphasis on protecting Rodgers and getting rid of the damn ball. 

I want another 2015 season, that was our year. We were so healthy... the dice roll was good  to us that year. 

Edited by tredpack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tredpack said:

Eh. With all this news about Rodgers injury, I'm feeling a lot better about our passing offense for 2019/2020

Last year just seems like a combination of bad **** happening, Rodgers injury first game of the year, Gernimo/Cobb going down, one handed Grarham , Jones missing more than a quarter of the season. Things couldn't have been much worse, excluding Bahk/Rodgers going down for the year.

I'm not so sure our offense wasn't going to make a huge leap whether we got rid of McCarthy or not-- just based on luck, health, and the young receiving core growing. Who knows same could happen this season. Hoping Lafleurs offense puts a emphasis on protecting Rodgers and getting rid of the damn ball. 

I want another 2015 season, that was our year. We were so healthy... the dice roll was good  to us that year. 

That goes for the defense too. They looked good to start......

...but the entire starting DL was out by year's end as well as King and Jaire and all the safeties (even the practice squad guys) with Jones and Tramon playing high safety. Perry out too. Defense was down like seven starters. We need reinforcements and even upgrades with this loaded draft class on DL, a starting safety, a developmental edge and I easily see this as a top ten unit.

Offense just needs RG and RT, a slot, and 3rd RB and it's rolling again. MVS and EQ were gold and don't write off Moore. One or two picks at WR in this deep class has us right back at 2011 imo.

Despite the raw youth and injuries, we were still in a couple big games  til the final minutes last year. They shut down the Rams for most of that game. We have key spots manned by top players: QB, LT, CB, WR1 .....and the DL is solid but I would like an upgrade which is about the easiest thing to guarantee in this draft class.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

^ RT is like the deepest position on the team.  Bulaga, Spriggs, and McCray all have starter snaps at the position, for the Packers.  I believe that Turner also played some RT, but I am not positive.  

I think you are trying to equate bodies with depth. Not sure Spriggs, McCray or Turner have ever distinguished themselves as competent RTs. That is why McCray and Turner are RGs now and Spriggs is still an enigma as to whether he can or can't. Tackle is definitely a position we need to address in the draft IMO.