Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No joke I can punt the hell out of a football.

If you don’t believe me, put some money on the line and I will prove it.  

We really should have the Uncle Rico Invitational for the forum
Nothing wrong with a little punt, pass, kick competition for the board members

Here's Andy Reid dominating his youth competition:

0dff334c0c42e612f3242e8e9eaf8530-origina

No joke I can punt the hell out of a football.  I was recruited in high school because we played this one game in gym and I could kick the **** out of the ball it wasn’t a football, but I still got recruited because the gym teacher was the football coach.  I can do it with a football, too.  I still do it to impress people and I still got it.  

I probably missed my calling as a professional football player because I can absolutely crush a football and in a straight line, too.  

I could probably hit at least a 40 yarder realistically.  Maybe more.  

Scouting report from the guy who recruited you:

Pros:

Big leg, punts the hell out of the ball.

Cons:

When we call the fake punt, he always throws the checkdown.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No, it was like this really heavy soccer type ball.  It was a weird game, too.  

Was it the old style football, made of leather with a bladder inside to blow it up. That kind of football was used in the 1950's, maybe the 60's too. It was heavy to start with, even heavier when you put some wax into the leather to keep it supple, and really heavy when wet. You could knock yourself silly trying to head that ball, believe me.

16 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I think South Dakota HS football would fit in nicely with a lot of Wisconsin HS football. Do the coaches scream a lot? To me, it's like, dude, your screaming does nothing but highlight how much you have failed to teach when you had the chance.

So, I am really enjoying the Aaron Rodgers ride this year. MLF has the fresh approach. Aaron seems kind of serious this year, like he is a little preoccupied with this process of making his old body and the new offense work. I don't know if this defense will afford him the opportunity to go off on some poor team for 375 and four tuddies, though. MLF strikes me as another "take the foot off the gas, we're up by twenty" kind of guy. Still, at some point this season, I would love to see Aaron and the offense figure things  out and get let off the chain to run some poor defense right up a tree.

Yeah. Went to a small school that had like 40 kids total between JV and Varsity. We were just outmatched every week against bigger schools and the coaches would ***** at us like we didn't prepare/try hard enough or something lol...We would win quite a few JV games, but mostly because they would let us choose to either practice on Tuesdays with Varsity, or play in the JV game so we didn't have to forfeit. I played both ways, two games a week, and sporadically on ST too. My body was broke down AF at the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Here's the one that MVS dropped. Didn't remember him slipping on the play

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

This is NSFW material for @Outpost31

Thing is, defenses are going to give us that until Rodgers starts taking it more. Which in return would eventually help to open things up downfield. It's frustrating/irritating that he's so adverse to it. 

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No joke I can punt the hell out of a football.  I was recruited in high school because we played this one game in gym and I could kick the **** out of the ball it wasn’t a football, but I still got recruited because the gym teacher was the football coach.  I can do it with a football, too.  I still do it to impress people and I still got it.  

I probably missed my calling as a professional football player because I can absolutely crush a football and in a straight line, too.  

I could probably hit at least a 40 yarder realistically.  Maybe more.  

I will pay to see this.. How much?

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I will pay to see this.. How much?

Price of a regulation football.  Multiplied by two for the effort.  But no, I might just do it for free because it’s probably been at least two years since I’ve done it and now I want to see if I’ve still got it.  If I do I will post video to YouTube or somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Price of a regulation football.  Multiplied by two for the effort.  But no, I might just do it for free because it’s probably been at least two years since I’ve done it and now I want to see if I’ve still got it.  If I do I will post video to YouTube or somewhere.

I'm pretty excited right now tbh

• Like 1