Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We added Smith #1, Smith #2, Amos, Gary and Savage. More important pieces than #2 WRs, RBs and TEs as they actually will factor in us winning it all whereas those positions don't.

True. We added more to our defense than those teams. We'll see how it all pans out. 

"Taking a critical look at my play the last few years and then going back to some previous years about what I felt like when I was playing really, really well, (I asked) what was I doing slightly different than what I've been doing the last five years?" Rodgers said. "I picked up on some things and tried to start incorporating them into my daily routine, and you pair that with a positive attitude and a comfort in the offense, it's not surprising to me how camp has gone."--Aaron Rodgers.

I'm going to try to translate...."I know I've not been the same player for a long time, maybe 5 years.  Decided to go back to school and see what was different.  I can't say I didn't like the coach, or that my favorite WR's got old, injured, or left.  I can put the blame on myself.  I saw that my on-field attitude wasn't the same.  I self scouted myself and saw how often I threw outside when there were holes over the middle.  Now?  I'm just slinging the ball and having fun again.  This is a game, games are fun, so I'm going to have fun and that has led to the performance from this camp.  Good luck NFL, I'm going full Godgers mode this year."

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Posted without comment:

3 older QBs legitimately seeking SB rings this year in the NFC, Rodgers, Brady and Brees. 

Brady already had Evans, Godwin and Howard - team still added Gronk and Fournette. 

Brees already had Thomas, Cook and Kamara - team still added Sanders

Rodgers has Adams and Jones - team added....Jordan Love.

Is he really worth a mention up to this point?

I frankly don’t give a **** what weapons teams put around their aging QB.  No team has ever won a Super Bowl by having the best weapons.  

The Chiefs added a second round WR to an admittedly stacked skill position group, but added an EDGE and an elite safety in the offseason.  Their defense covered for the Chiefs slow start and kept them in that game when the Chiefs couldn’t move the ball for **** in spite of all those weapons.

You give an aging QB all the weaponz if you want to sell tickets.  You give your aging QB a defense and minimize his expectations if you want to win rings.

Rodgers has an elite LT, an elite WR, an elite RB, an elite guard, an above average center, an okay RT and RG and lots of potential at the other WR positions with the promise of an excellent running game.

The expectation is that he scores 24 points a game with those guys.  If he can’t do that, he’s not worth his contract.  

Now if the loaded defense doesn’t do its part and keep the opponent to 23 points, that’s when you’ve failed your aging QB.  Pettine failed in his San Francisco game plan.  I’ll grant that.  If it happens again this year, that’s when you look to get a new coordinator.

EDGE, EDGE, DL, ILB, S, S, CB, CB, CB, EDGE.  

That’s 10 positions the Packers have invested significant free agent money or a first/second round pick in.  If you can’t deliver with that talent, it’s a coordinator problem, not a player problem.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I frankly don’t give a **** what weapons teams put around their aging QB.  No team has ever won a Super Bowl by having the best weapons.  

The Chiefs added a second round WR to an admittedly stacked skill position group, but added an EDGE and an elite safety in the offseason.  Their defense covered for the Chiefs slow start and kept them in that game when the Chiefs couldn’t move the ball for **** in spite of all those weapons.

You give an aging QB all the weaponz if you want to sell tickets.  You give your aging QB a defense and minimize his expectations if you want to win rings.

Rodgers has an elite LT, an elite WR, an elite RB, an elite guard, an above average center, an okay RT and RG and lots of potential at the other WR positions with the promise of an excellent running game.

The expectation is that he scores 24 points a game with those guys.  If he can’t do that, he’s not worth his contract.  

Now if the loaded defense doesn’t do its part and keep the opponent to 23 points, that’s when you’ve failed your aging QB.  Pettine failed in his San Francisco game plan.  I’ll grant that.  If it happens again this year, that’s when you look to get a new coordinator.

EDGE, EDGE, DL, ILB, S, S, CB, CB, CB, EDGE.  

That’s 10 positions the Packers have invested significant free agent money or a first/second round pick in.  If you can’t deliver with that talent, it’s a coordinator problem, not a player problem.

WORD!

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

What about the greatest show on turf?

You mean the one that scored 11 points against the Buccaneers in the Divisional Round and 23 points in the Super Bowl? 

The one that had the defense that kept the Buccaneers to 6 points and the Titans to 16 points? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You mean the one that scored 11 points against the Buccaneers in the Divisional Round and 23 points in the Super Bowl? 

The one that had the defense that kept the Buccaneers to 6 points and the Titans to 16 points? 

It's also worth pointing out that Kurt Warner (or original triggerman Trent Green) were far from "aging" at that point.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah that St Louis D was good. I would agree with Outpost about old QB a good D. It's not a perfect science but it's worked for Brady a few times. The Saint's and Brees took a couple early exits from the playoffs until the last couple years when they had a better D.