Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

idk about that. I think some genuinely enjoy the misery and thinking they're right more than winning.

There's plenty of those *******s too, yeah, I was more defending myself (and outpost). I think there's fewer of those kind with Rodgers than with other GB related things though.

Neither of us are going to be offended when someone says HAHA SEE HE DOESN'T SUCK. That's what we were always saying, he doesn't suck but he just won't do the things to stop sucking.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

There's plenty of those *******s too, yeah, I was more defending myself (and outpost). I think there's fewer of those kind with Rodgers than with other GB related things though.

Neither of us are going to be offended when someone says HAHA SEE HE DOESN'T SUCK. That's what we were always saying, he doesn't suck but he just won't do the things to stop sucking.

Deep down it hurts outpost a bit because it undermines his QB contract theory

anyway,

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

idk about that. I think some genuinely enjoy the misery and thinking they're right more than winning.

You’re right about this, and I hate it.

Some people legitimately don’t want to see players they dislike succeed or do good things.

I want to see Aaron do good things.  

1 hour ago, Norm said:

To be fair, there was a lot of constructive stuff going round in the Rodgers bashing over the summer. I don't recall Outpost being particularly unreasonable.

AG20 on the other hand ...

Not going to lie, its really petty and childish but every decent game by Rodgers makes you think of his sustained barrage against Rodgers. Not really seen anything like it before. Seemed like the whole summer was a sustained attempt by him to hunt down anyone on any forum Packers or otherwise trying to defend Rodgers, he was pretty much capable of spamming every single thread into an anti-Rodgers rant.  Virtually anything that could go wrong was entirely down to Rodgers and there was basically zero chance of anything other than him descending into Ryan Leaf.

There's nothing wrong with constructive disagreements but it was impossible to have any meaningful debate as he was so utterly blinkered and incapable of listening to a single counter point.

13 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

To be fair, there was a lot of constructive stuff going round in the Rodgers bashing over the summer. I don't recall Outpost being particularly unreasonable.

Not going to lie, its really petty and childish but every decent game by Rodgers makes you think of his sustained barrage against Rodgers. Not really seen anything like it before. Seemed like the whole summer was a sustained attempt by him to hunt down anyone on any forum Packers or otherwise trying to defend Rodgers, he was pretty much capable of spamming every single thread into an anti-Rodgers rant.  Virtually anything that could go wrong was entirely down to Rodgers and there was basically zero chance of anything other than him descending into Ryan Leaf.

There's nothing wrong with constructive disagreements but it was impossible to have any meaningful debate as he was so utterly blinkered and incapable of listening to a single counter point.

Idk. It was pretty entertaining. Also you called outpost reasonable. So that happened lol

I was definitely a Rodgers defender over the years but I got frustrated as hell last year watching him, as any reasonable #12 fan would. I knew for a fact he could still make every throw and dominate this league. That's why I was so pissed. His mechanics were a mess and it was resulting in him missing both easy, short throws and deep balls. He looked, last year, like Carson Wentz looks this year, minus the reckless INTs. Throwing behind guys short causing them to adjust and killing forward momentum and he was missing deep balls badly. This year, he's back into properly distributing his body weight rather than always fading away. Sure, he's faded away a few times this year (Lazard 48 yard pass last night for one), but he's not doing literally every single time he threw deep.

He's not Rivers, Brees or Brady. His physical gifts aren't just going to fall off a cliff like theirs did. That's why the last few years were frustrating. With him, it's all mental. Getting his headspace right was all he needed to do. The only person that can stop Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Aaron Rodgers being a great QB in 2020 doesn't mean he wasn't a mediocre QB in 2019. The two barely resemble each other. Let's see if it stays the first time he actually gets tagged by a blitzer. Hopefully it does. 

Honestly, the fact that he allowed his game to degrade to the point that it did is a little troubling.