Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean you’re just flat out wrong here. A lot of people are invested in him. You obviously aren’t, which is fine, but thinking you represent the majority of wrestling fandom is so spot in IWC Mark that Vince and Trips can bank on you without ever having to sweat it.

You are being worked with Theory, and you can’t even recognize it. 

Him being given the Briefcase is perfect booking. I’m just surprised they actually took the US title off of him before hand 

lol nobody's getting worked by Theory. It's Vince thinking he knows better. Theory is asswater right now. It's Vince's old *** pushing him before he's ready and it's going to backfire.

Just starting to watch Dynamite, and a few thoughts as we start;

Yes, it is time to pull the TNT title off of Scorpio Sky . . . Does American Top Team really do anything for anyone? (the "Street Fight" gimmick match was so useless)

Good to keep pushing Wardlow, seems like a great way to go with his first title, but it really feels like they could have built an entire Dynamite around this moment, not open the show with it. And then they drop a ton of confetti? While he pretty quickly leaves up the ramp?

Definitely not the same thing, but really felt like a Goldberg title win on Raw type slip up. Obviously still cool, but just done on the wrong stage.

I really like Christian, and theres nothing better than him as a heel. But watching these set up promos with Luchasaurus, where everything is telegraphed, really shows the difference in the out of ring quality between AWE & WWE. Feels like that could have been done much better (like have Matt & Christian exchange words about Jungle Boy on social media, or last week or whatever, then start a meaningless match with Hardy, and have Christin interrupt it, cost Hardy a DQ loss, and give his schpiel. Then Lucha takes out Hardy) Really feels like alot of stuff is only half thought through

But on the other hand, there was something old school and very cool about the Claudio/Hager backstage promo. Both got some good lines in, and while I know many dont like the Ex-E guys, they are part of the draw (the crowds have loved everything CC has done) If this is just step one of the Claudio former feud revival tour, leading to a Kingston show down, it will be worth it.

The Tag Division is great, Butcher & Blade are so underrated. Really wish this Keith Lee & Swerve story was alittle cleaner, they seem to be stumbling through that. And as I have said before, Team Taz needs to do something, and Im not sure this is enough. I do like them setting up the Bucks ducking FTR though.

Dark Order is always something that you can dip into, I wonder if thats one you send off to ROH? This felt like something you should have started the show with.

He will always be a legend, but have we run the course with Jim Ross?

On 7/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, StLunatic88 said:

I really like Christian, and theres nothing better than him as a heel.

i've never given more of **** about christian than i do right now. i may've missed prime heel christian as i didn't start watching wrestling until like 2005 but even in TNA I don't think he was doing more captivating **** on the mic. probably the hottest act in aew right now imo, which is something i absolutely never imagined i'd think lol 

18 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

menard's in eddie kingston territory on the mic 

Always loved his mannerisms when he's in a taped promo, but not the one talking. Looks like he watched a ton of 80's NWA wrestling and guys like Jake Roberts during Survivor Series promos, where body language says a lot even when you aren't the one currently speaking into the mic.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

If this Maximum Male Models thing is going to work, writers should have KO attempt to join, but continually get rejected and body shamed, forcing him to form his own competing fashion agency- comprised of him, Otis, and some other big boy. As a joke within a joke, call KO's faction BBC - Big Boned Couture. Vince loves crap like that. Have it culminate in a 6 man TLC match at extreme rules where one of the brands has to dissolve if they lose (BBC should lose, because KO needs another title run as a singles competitor or needs to be put in a tag team with Sami where they have the tag belts for 2 years straight)

On 7/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, Jeezla said:

Always loved his mannerisms when he's in a taped promo, but not the one talking. Looks like he watched a ton of 80's NWA wrestling and guys like Jake Roberts during Survivor Series promos, where body language says a lot even when you aren't the one currently speaking into the mic.

That particular promo reeks of Steve Corino (and by effect) Wildfire Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert.  I still feel like Menard's trying a bit too hard to be a second coming of Brian Pillman rather than embracing his own personality and character.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, Jeezla said:

If this Maximum Male Models thing is going to work, writers should have KO attempt to join, but continually get rejected and body shamed, forcing him to form his own competing fashion agency- comprised of him, Otis, and some other big boy. As a joke within a joke, call KO's faction BBC - Big Boned Couture. Vince loves crap like that. Have it culminate in a 6 man TLC match at extreme rules where one of the brands has to dissolve if they lose (BBC should lose, because KO needs another title run as a singles competitor or needs to be put in a tag team with Sami where they have the tag belts for 2 years straight)

Nothing says put a belt on me like being the leader of BBC

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Probably not. I don't think I've bought a wrestling shirt since the 3:16 days 

I didn't get my first wrestling shirt until I was like 33, and hadn't watched wrestling in like 10 years. As a kid I had the action figures, was a member of the fan club/got the magazine, had wrestling buddy pillows and even WWF bedsheets at one point, but never asked for a shirt for some reason. I was probably too busy rocking Big Johnson and No Fear and Bad Boy shirts. Possibly even the occasional hypercolor.

Edited by Jeezla