2019 East Finals | (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Who represents the East in the NBA Finals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents the East in the NBA Finals

• (1) Milwaukee Bucks
    • (3) Philadelphia 76ers
    • (2) Toronto Raptors

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Green has sucked for most/all the playoffs IIRC

Not all but he’s definitely had a couple of really bad games to amplify this general feeling from people who’ve only watched a few games and/or just look at box scores. 

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sad or Ironic part I am actually pulling for Janice and those *UCKS

Glad your seeing the light. Honestly though this Bucks team is pretty likeable. Not really any bad eggs or dirty players on this team.

Raptors need to stop overreacting to Giannis in late games. Let him make those big shots. But honestly the Raptors played a solid game but the Bucks were too much in the 4th quarter. Gasol was a little late closing out on a few threes but that's going to happen. Siakam needs to pick it up or else the Raptors are DONE.

Still give them a shot to win this series though. 

33 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well Lopez scored 30 and Lowry was the only Raptor to make a basket in the 4th. Those won't happen again.

I guess. You had Bledsoe, Middleton and Mirotic shoot a combined 2-18 from 3, George Hill was scoreless, and Giannis was quiet in the fourth and not really great (for his standards) all game.

Nurse seems to have no intention of trying to do anything to not completely burn out his starters before the fourth. And if that’s the play, and you shoot well in quarters 1-3 while the Bucks are at 6-31 from 3, only opening up a 7-point lead is tough. 

That is what would be most concerning to me. For 36 minutes you play really well, your No. 2 option lights it up, and your opponent’s starters are shooting 10% from 3, and the best you can do is hold a small lead? Seems like you’re putting an insane amount of pressure on Kawhi to be incredible if you’re ever going to put a game away. Add in that you’re continuing to play him 40+ minutes, that seems like trouble. Especially as the Bucks continue to go nine deep and Giannis plays fewer minutes than all but one of the Raptors starters.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Brooke freaking Lopez went off? Omg I can’t believe I missed that lmfaooo

He was pulling spin moves, hitting reverse layups, and shooting threes. It was the game of his life lol 

• Like 1

Let's not forget that Lopez was one of the best post scorers in the league for years. He has the ability to do a lot more than just hit spot up 3s.

I also don't like when people try to justify a win or loss based on fluke/unusual/out of character performances. Those happen every game.

• Like 3

Bucks shot 25% from 3 (season average: 35.3%), Raptors shot 36% from 3 (season average: 36.6%). TOR shot basically as you'd expect from 3, MIL was -12 points from expected, and MIL still won by 8. That is not good news for Toronto... at all.

More rigorous analysis than my back-of-the-napkin math says the Bucks should have been expected to win by 15 if not for the slumpy shooting:

https://twitter.com/JacobEGoldstein/status/1128857197041991680