Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's also a fact.

I know.  But he lacks size.  He's very diminutive.  Just cause you're fast doesn't mean you'll be a great NFL WR 

Tyreek Hill is an outlier.  Just as every 6'0" QB ain't the next Drew Brees neither is every small guy who can run fast the next Tyreek Hill.  To me Henry Ruggs is more like Jakeem Grant than Tyreek Hill. 

Just now, VanS said:

I know.  But he lacks size.  He's very diminutive.  Just cause you're fast doesn't mean you'll be a great NFL WR 

Tyreek Hill is an outlier.  Just as every 6'0" QB ain't the next Drew Brees neither is every small guy who can run fast the next Tyreek Hill.  To me Henry Ruggs is more like Jakeem Grant than Tyreek Hill. 

That's not a good comparison. Jakeem Grant was a poor man's Tavon Austin. If you're really, really fast and sure-handed, a good NFL offensive mind can make use of you. Especially if said WR has the agility/acceleration to get off the LOS and run routes. As for small, fast WRs, just to name a few other than Tyreek:

DeSean Jackson

Brandin Cooks

Marquise Brown

John Brown

Tyler Lockett

T.Y. Hilton

And then you have guys like Ted Ginn Jr., Paul Richardson, and Marquise Goodwin who haven't fully panned out but still managed to find valuable roles.

Obviously discussing with Raider fans in our subforum about receivers as we are surely gonna take one with our number one pick. 

Jeudy is the only true #1 to me. 

After that, against the grain, I have Ruggs as my #2. I think he is very very polished and can really open an offensive playbook with his speed. 

I think Lamb’s skillset is top notch but he looks soooo slow to me on tape. I really feel he’s gonna run a 4.58 or so which is too slow. I think he goes in the last few picks of the 1st and is more of a Michael Crabtree player, although better. 

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's not a good comparison. Jakeem Grant was a poor man's Tavon Austin. If you're really, really fast and sure-handed, a good NFL offensive mind can make use of you. Especially if said WR has the agility/acceleration to get off the LOS and run routes. As for small, fast WRs, just to name a few other than Tyreek:

DeSean Jackson

Brandin Cooks

Marquise Brown

John Brown

Tyler Lockett

T.Y. Hilton

And then you have guys like Ted Ginn Jr., Paul Richardson, and Marquise Goodwin who haven't fully panned out but still managed to find valuable roles.

I agree, there are a ton of smaller receivers who are very good in the NFL.

Julian Edelman, Odell Beckham Jr, Robert Woods, Will Fuller, Emmanuel Sanders, Dede Westbrook etc...

Just because Ruggs is shorter and lighter does not mean he will be bad in the NFL.  Heck the kid is 6-0 190 that is not awful,  he should be a lock 1st round pick and is a flat out burner and should run in the 4.2 range.  I still think Jeudy is better as a route runner and is way faster than people think, but Ruggs is damn good as well and one of the best receivers in the country.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

I agree, there are a ton of smaller receivers who are very good in the NFL.

Julian Edelman, Odell Beckham Jr, Robert Woods, Will Fuller, Emmanuel Sanders, Dede Westbrook etc...

Just because Ruggs is shorter and lighter does not mean he will be bad in the NFL.  Heck the kid is 6-0 190 that is not awful,  he should be a lock 1st round pick and is a flat out burner and should run in the 4.2 range.  I still think Jeudy is better as a route runner and is way faster than people think, but Ruggs is damn good as well and one of the best receivers in the country.  

I was only naming guys who were known for being speedsters. Ruggs' speed is otherworldly. Unless he ends up with an OC who is a total moron or forgets how to catch the ball, he's going to be an effective NFL WR.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:06 AM, jrry32 said:

I'm not following the draft closely right now, but it seems like this is a strong WR class.

It looks strong at RB, WR, Tackle, QB so as a Broncos fan I'm licking my chops.

Hopefully Lock is the guy and Elway bends the Raiders/Bucs/Titans over in a trade down.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:45 PM, BayRaider said:

After that, against the grain, I have Ruggs as my #2. I think he is very very polished and can really open an offensive playbook with his speed. 

Who's got the deep speed combination with good route running? Chicks dig the long ball we need one of those to pair with Sutton lol.

I know he is a true sophomore and thus not part of the 2020 WR class, but Auburn's Seth Williams is a stud. I'd say there is a 99% chance he breaks Auburn's single season receiving yardage record this year and a 99% chance he goes round 1 next year. 6'3", 230, state medalist in both the broad jump and high jump, average of like 20 yards per reception on his career, Auburn's #1 receiver last year as a true freshman... 

Anthony Schwartz is another intriguing prospect. He has the 100-meter dash record and blows by defenses pretty regularly. He's made some freaky catches this year and has shown toughness being one of Auburn's toughest and most reliable receivers while playing with one hand in a cast. Great RAC ability, a godsend on end-arounds and reverses. Profiles like a better version of Mecole.