2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Let's eat.

The Vikings passed the ball 10 times. Not a big sample and many of the 10 were in those obvious pass situations where the defense rushes more aggressively. This stat doesn’t mean much right now. 

It’s early in the season right now. Let’s see how they fair against a tougher front 7. I like our chances, but don’t know enough to be sure of anything just yet.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Last week, the vikes OL had the advantage of home turf, a quiet crowd on offense and a whole summer to prepare

They won't have those same advantages on Sunday afternoon at Lambeau

I feel like the summer to prepare thing kills the offensive lines. It was pretty awful across the entire league

• Like 2

Before the season started I said the Packers had a weak roster. 

I think I might be wrong considering how well the defense played against Chicago. Granted, Trubisky is not good at all and they abandoned the run so who knows. Regardless, the defense is clearly improved. I miss Dom Capers.

I'm worried about Pat Elflein against Kenny Clark. At this point he's pretty much worthless. Bradbury has been up and down, but at least he has some positive play in him.

It'll be a tough game as usual, but I think right now GB has to favored at home. Just no more awkward ties!

• Like 3

wow, I am shocked and appaled that @FinneasGage GDT was locked. That was exactly the boost we needed to put us over the top.

This GDT is already stagnant. People are figuring it out. We need to keep em guessing, and this week was a perfect time for finn's anarachy. We are only gonna win because of raw emotion and ethos, and fin is chalk full of that!

so yeah, I'm cross that we missed out on 19-0 

shame on you all.

Also, finn has enstrusted me to be his spokesman for the remainder of his FF tenure. He will have an announcement in the coming days. 

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Clay Matthews rips ball out of Peterson's arm, returns for TD

https://www.packers.com/video/big-play-clay-matthews-2422228

Is it just me or does he scream “I GOT THE BALL!!! ..... YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!” as he is stripping it from AP?

Man I loved prime CM3..he was always around the ball, made a lot of plays, played with great fire on the field...and his personality was hilarious stereotypical meathead. What a legend

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

GB favored by 3.5.  It's going to be another tough game going against their D.  Home field will be huge.  Pack eeks out another one 17-13 and covers.  Think we'll get either a defensive or special teams score in this game.

Honestly, that must be more of a betting thing than a careful assessment of winning chances. Against the Bears, we had one decent drive for 3 and a moonshot out of the blue coupla plays for 6 that stunned everyone, probably including the Packer coaches. We do have a decent  chance to beat the  Vikings, but only if the offense takes a serious step forward from what it showed last week— plus all the typical boilerplate stuff of no turnovers and limited penalties. 

21 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Honestly, that must be more of a betting thing than a careful assessment of winning chances. Against the Bears, we had one decent drive for 3 and a moonshot out of the blue coupla plays for 6 that stunned everyone, probably including the Packer coaches. We do have a decent  chance to beat the  Vikings, but only if the offense takes a serious step forward from what it showed last week— plus all the typical boilerplate stuff of no turnovers and limited penalties. 

When they lay out a point spread that is a very careful and thought out assessment of winning chances.  The odds maker is the expert.  I do pay attention to the line as it it usually a pretty good indication of the final results.  However this is my prediction for the game just as good as anyone.  We will have to stop the run in this one that is most important.  Cousins will have difficulty throwing against us.  Likewise the Packers offense will struggle again.  The Vikings have a very formidable D.  So expecting 10 pts from the O and either a pick six or special teams score.  The Vikings will struggle although think we will have difficulty with their run game.  They put up 13 on us.  There is that better?