Odell wears 350k watch during game. Stupid or not?

brownie man

Odell Wears 350k Richard Mille Watch  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is this stupid?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

Aren’t you a crypto capitalist? What do you have against shows of wealth 

What does one have to do with the other? Making money is not the same thing as blowing it on stupid crap and or stupid crap that has a highly likely chance to get broken on the field. 

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Especially when the watch accounted for a relatively small portion of his annual salary.

That watch hurt his bottom line a lot less than regular folks Rolexes, Omegas, Tudors, Breitlings, etc.

The question remains...why do it?

Most people aren't even going see it, and even if they do, what does it accomplish? Making a few people jelly? 

I'm not mad at it, but it's just dumb AF. 

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Most people aren't even going see it, and even if they do, what does it accomplish? Making a few people jelly? 

On 9/13/2019 at 12:35 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

This is a pointless thread that really doesnt need to exist, BUT....

The question is "why?"    

The answer ix "because he is an idiot".

Do I care?   No, but no one remotely intelligent wears a $350 watch to play football in, much less a $350K watch.    

Odell is an attention whoring idiot, but since we already knew that, and knew those are common among highly paid athletes in general...

$190k watch according to OBJ.

He is dumb AF and an idiot because why? The risk? It's not really a risk to him and if it breaks it helps the economy, everyone wins.

As long as you don't care and aren't mad then we're all good.

28 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

$190k watch according to OBJ.

He is dumb AF and an idiot because why? The risk? It's not really a risk to him and if it breaks it helps the economy, everyone wins.

As long as you don't care and aren't mad then we're all good.

Because it's stupid and pointless.  If you cant figure out why, I cant help you, sweetie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I won’t argue that it’s not dumb, but it’s also irrelevant.

It’s not a weapon, a competitive advantage, etc., it’s a watch.  Would I do it?  No.  But I’m just not sure what some of the arse aching is about tbh.

If you want an honest answer as to “why”, I’m assuming for exposure and attention and/or because he wants to and can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

because he wants to and can.

Its a free country after all.
Its kind of a weird scenario because these superstars have fame & fortune and there's very little they can't have or do outside of football
But because these guys are in the league, the NFL controls their behavior all the way down to telling them how high to wear their socks

Over the years, many players have "rebelled" against the league, with custom cleats and various other accoutrements

rozelle.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, -Hope- said:

imagine caring about this even a little bit

I care because I went to LSU. Between AD Joe Alleva, Les Miles, Coach O, Jamarcus, O'Dell and all the rest. I feel a complete moron just because I couldnt get into any better a school than that.

Which... I mean I must be since I couldnt. But I dont need these constant reminders.

• Like 2