Odell wears 350k watch during game. Stupid or not?

brownie man

Odell Wears 350k Richard Mille Watch  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is this stupid?

• Yes
    • No

Isn't there some kind of safety aspect with this, like as if he gets it caught in an opponents face mask or could it come off and cause injury to someone else. One thing I've always found curious is the jewellery that players wear, especially necklaces that I don't think are tolerated in other contact sports, I know for a fact that all jewellery even things like belly button rings must be removed prior to playing rugby for instance so they don't cause injury to oneself or others.

Apart from that it's obviously just an attention grab..............do these guys even need that, Isn't he well enough known already?!?!?!?!?!?

I guess I was brought up to always be humble and respectful and not have the need to show off.......... I feel so out of touch with this modern generation at times O.o:D

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Apart from that it's obviously just an attention grab..............do these guys even need that, Isn't he well enough known already?!?!?!?!?!?

I guess I was brought up to always be humble and respectful and not have the need to show off.......... I feel so out of touch with this modern generation at times O.o:D

I don't get it either, and I'm not far off OBJ's generation. You get called a curmudgeon or no-fun if you oppose show-offs though, it seems.

On the other hand, I guess it doesn't hurt anyone (unless of course, it accidentally does!)

• Like 1

It’s not actually a watch, it’s a countdown clock to week 17. He can’t wait to get out of Cleveland and start his offseason in Miami / LA / NY. Hanging out with Drake and Lil Wayne and Lebron.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

In the end he can promote that watch on his own time, when hes playing hes on the Cleveland Browns time and the NFL's time. There is rules set in place and when a player thinks hes above the rules, they get fined.

It's no different at any other "job" any joe blow would have, your emplyer expets a  certain kind of conduct from there employees, and if they dont follow that conduct they get written up or fired. NFL fines players.

Odell needs to get humbled and stop whining and thinking just becuse its "him" is why he's getting fined. Its because he broke the rules plane and simple.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Isn't there some kind of safety aspect with this, like as if he gets it caught in an opponents face mask or could it come off and cause injury to someone else. One thing I've always found curious is the jewellery that players wear, especially necklaces that I don't think are tolerated in other contact sports, I know for a fact that all jewellery even things like belly button rings must be removed prior to playing rugby for instance so they don't cause injury to oneself or others.

Richard Mille sponsors tons of athletes. Nadal, Bubba Watson, F1 drivers, among others. So it’s possible he’s being paid to wear this watch. 

9 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Richard Mille sponsors tons of athletes. Nadal, Bubba Watson, F1 drivers, among others. So it’s possible he’s being paid to wear this watch. 

That is a good point, just surprised he's allowed to wear it given the nature of the sport.