TNF - Titans @ Jaguars - The Gardner Minshew Blowout Bowl

Dome

Just now, Howler said:

I guess Mike Leach wasn't so wrong about Minshew.

I'm hoping the old "Air Raid QB can't translate to the pros" nonsense dies, once and for all. Goff and Mahomes really laid down the foundation on killing that opinion, but they were both highly regarded prospects.

Minshew is the guy without the magic traits, but he's playing about as much of a pro game right now as you'll see in the league right now. This whole thing could come crumbling down in a week, but I doubt it - Minshew is a player, he's going to have a long and pretty good NFL career.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Minshew is the Jeremy Lin of the NFL 

Here I thought he was this years version of last years Baker Mayfield? Team, Media and Fans everywhere so desperate for Any semblance of what good QB play looks like in that City  that he's deemed the Savior and next best.....??

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm hoping the old "Air Raid QB can't translate to the pros" nonsense dies, once and for all. Goff and Mahomes really laid down the foundation on killing that opinion, but they were both highly regarded prospects.

Minshew is the guy without the magic traits, but he's playing about as much of a pro game right now as you'll see in the league right now. This whole thing could come crumbling down in a week, but I doubt it - Minshew is a player, he's going to have a long and pretty good NFL career.

I think they had so many problems back in the day because the NFL wasn't embracing the style at all. They still wanted to run some archaic offenses. Now so many NFL teams run concepts stolen from the college spread game that I don't think it's as hard a transition.

Poor Tim couch was about 18 years too early

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they had so many problems back in the day because the NFL wasn't embracing the style at all. They still wanted to run some archaic offenses. Now so many NFL teams run concepts stolen from the college spread game that I don't think it's as hard a transition.

He also had his shoulder wrecked by the terrible Browns team he was on.

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I remember having to push back so hard against that when Goff was a prospect.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Minshew is the Jeremy Lin of the NFL 

He's sexy baker Mayfield. They have the same Moxy, the same bravado. Both guys have huge cajones 

I'm just waiting for minshew to score a touchdown then grab his junk while looking at the other team's DC. 

Minshew is throwing with accuracy. The ball placement was NFL starter level. He was throwing the ball away from defenders to a spot where only his guys had a shot. I like how he gives his guys a chance to make a play. He trusts his eyes. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if minshew went up to Ramsey after the game and told him to stick around lol or if somehow winning will convince him to stay 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

good thing the titans just spent 5 years lining marcus mariota in heavy sets and I formations

at this point he is what he is and he's not good, but i genuinely believe this stupid organization ruined him from the get go

• Like 1