Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

14 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what do the bungles want in exchange for Green? Do the above teams have the capspace?

They have been pretty steadfast that they aren't going to trade him. Obviously the rumors circulate because it makes a lot of sense, but Zac Taylor has said that they aren't trading him, and Green himself has commented that while prepared for anything at the deadline, also holds a lot of value in holding franchise records, playing for one team throughout his career, etc. So while I think that he'd be fine with moving on if that is what happens, I don't think he's trying to get out, either. 

The remaining salary on Green's contract is roughly about 7.5m I believe. Philly, SF, GB, Seattle and Buffalo all have more than enough room at the current point in time, though the Packers would be right up against the cap, and the 49ers may not want an acquisition like that affecting their rollover space for next year, which they will need pretty badly. 

New England and New Orleans likely have to make a corresponding move. 

**edit**

spotrac has slightly different numbers than OTC and shows NE with nearly exactly 7.5 million in space. So waiting until the deadline, they probably would not have to make a corresponding move. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The remaining salary on Green's contract is roughly about 7.5m I believe. Philly, SF, GB, Seattle and Buffalo all have more than enough room at the current point in time, though the Packers would be right up against the cap, and the 49ers may not want an acquisition like that affecting their rollover space for next year, which they will need pretty badly. 

Some have mentioned this in the Eagles Forum. While Green would be a massive upgrade and putting DeSean in the slot (interchanging all 3) would be filthy "assuming healthy"? Just not sure Howie pays the asking price which I'd think would be late 1st? Guess it depends what the price would be?

Needs are still CB, DE then WR but all 3 can absolutely be upgraded.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Some have mentioned this in the Eagles Forum. While Green would be a massive upgrade and putting DeSean in the slot (interchanging all 3) would be filthy "assuming healthy"? Just not sure Howie pays the asking price which I'd think would be late 1st? Guess it depends what the price would be?

Needs are still CB, DE then WR but all 3 can absolutely be upgraded.

I think the asking price is higher than that honestly. They're not looking to move him, so they'd have to be blown away.