2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Just now, MWil23 said:

I agree 💯.

The closest I’ve seen here is Cleveland keeping Art Modell out of Ohio for the rest of his life. He was rightfully scared.

I'm not condoning it, but those fans don't **** around. They bring banners into stadiums, chant get the hell out, organize boycotts, etc. etc.

They'll burn the whole thing down before they let their owner cash out without investing into the team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm not condoning it, but those fans don't **** around. They bring banners into stadiums, chant get the hell out, organize boycotts, etc. etc.

They'll burn the whole thing down before they let their owner cash out without investing into the team.

Oh absolutely. Tbh I often wonder why fans and cities let owners hold them hostage the way that they do here, because other countries/sports wouldn’t tolerate it. 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, TLO said:

Tbh we all knew prime AL West trash talk was the peak of this forum. Or when that one cardinals fan told me to suck some **** because I said Ryan Franklin was pitching over his head. 

This forum will never again achieve the levels of gallantry, chivalry and glory seen in the 2008 Battle of Ryan Rowland Smith

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Better than trading for Marte or giving Ozuna/Castellanos 4-5 years.  The D’Backs are still paying Greinke and Tomas $40m thru next season.  

2/$16MM with a $7MM club option ($9MM vs. $2MM buyout) is really reasonable. Give me this deal over 4/$64MM for Moose every day of the week.

I don't understand how the Rockies can ask for so much, unless they honestly dont want to trade him and are hoping some team will just offer then a stupid deal (a la Chapman for Gleyber).

Ignoring his home/away splits, whoever trades for him has to eat that entire deal. He isnt opting out at age 31 with a 165 million on the table. So you're eating a lot of that deal for, at best, three ~5.5 WAR seasons and then some heavy depreciation.

I just dont see how a team can be expected to eat that money and give up three out of their top 5 (give or take) prospects. It's one or the other. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slateman said:

I don't understand how the Rockies can ask for so much, unless they honestly dont want to trade him and are hoping some team will just offer then a stupid deal (a la Chapman for Gleyber).

Ignoring his home/away splits, whoever trades for him has to eat that entire deal. He isnt opting out at age 31 with a 165 million on the table. So you're eating a lot of that deal for, at best, three ~5.5 WAR seasons and then some heavy depreciation.

I just dont see how a team can be expected to eat that money and give up three out of their top 5 (give or take) prospects. It's one or the other. 

I think thats what the Braves are asking about. I feel we are willing to give some nice prospects up to get him but we are going to ask them to take on more money from the contract for every better prospect they want.  We are probably willing to eat a good bit of the contract but i don't think we would give up anywhere near as nice of a package as they would want to do so.  

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, the Reds are working hard to sign Japanese outfielder Shogo Akiyama.

Nikkan Sports is reporting that the two sides have reached an agreement on a three-year deal worth more than $13 million, but apparently it's not a done deal just yet. Per Heyman, the bidding has actually jumped in the range of $20 million and the Reds appear to be in front. Either way, there should be a resolution soon. The Reds have been competing with the likes of the Cubs and Padres for his services. Akiyama is a free agent and not subject to the posting process. The 31-year-old batted .303/.392/.471 with 20 home runs and 12 steals over 143 games with the Saitama Seibu Lions in 2019. Known for his strong on-base ability, Akiyama would fit in a corner outfield spot in Cincinnati.