2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Baseball needs a salary cap. It's popularity is dying.

Yankees and Red Sox coming out of the AL East every year is getting old. The mid market teams don't have the money to acquire the talent needed to compete for 160 games a season.

Contract some teams like the Brewers and Marlins. 

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

God this subforum has gone downhill.

Tbh we all knew prime AL West trash talk was the peak of this forum. Or when that one cardinals fan told me to suck some **** because I said Ryan Franklin was pitching over his head. 

• Like 3

On 12/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, kyle21121 said:

We made a noteable move. Doesn’t seem so bad 4/80. Anyone wanna tell me why it’s bad?

Like most Dodger fans I love me some Ryu. But injuries and innings make 4/80 sound like a awful lot of money. Most of us wanted him back but hard to argue with not offering the same to him. 

40 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Like most Dodger fans I love me some Ryu. But injuries and innings make 4/80 sound like a awful lot of money. Most of us wanted him back but hard to argue with not offering the same to him. 

All true but he was gonna get overpaid anyways and we got no big time starters. He’ll also probably sell out all of his starts. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

All true but he was gonna get overpaid anyways and we got no big time starters. He’ll also probably sell out all of his starts. 

He'll be great for fans, all his games will be on TV in Korea and yeah he'll have a huge fanbase following. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

He'll be great for fans, all his games will be on TV in Korea and yeah he'll have a huge fanbase following. 

Yep it’s a big boost and a huge Korean population in Toronto as well. It’s a nice move either way to actually have a guy again. This move I like on its own but if we make any of the moves we’ve been rumoured to make I might love this move even if he breaks down in year 3. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Yep it’s a big boost and a huge Korean population in Toronto as well. It’s a nice move either way to actually have a guy again. This move I like on its own but if we make any of the moves we’ve been rumoured to make I might love this move even if he breaks down in year 3. 

You’ll be happy with Ryu. Great guy and pitcher. Just needs to stay healthy. I’ll be rooting for him.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:51 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's a uniquely American thing too. Go to an Arsenal bar and start defending Stan Kroenke using that team as his little piggy bank. You'll get the **** kicked out of you.

Imagine if Loria was a European soccer owner and pulled that garbage.

• Like 1