Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

23 hours ago, animaltested said:

So, considering 'Muricans drown everything in Ranch, Hot Sauce, Ketchup, Queso, and BBQ Sauce, should we acknowledge American food might be bland or Americans have child like tastes?

This is why we nuked Japan and sent a message to all the other Asian countries!

You can add Datil sauce to you list too. It's amazing!!

I like pepper jack cheese on burgers, but it's the only thing that tastes right other than American. Swiss and provolone are great for chicken though.

Sushi and wasabi ... not a fan. I'm not much into seafood to begin with, and raw seafood is even less appealing. Wasabi tastes like something died in my mouth.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:36 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Ill send you a free fried soft crab sandwich for that one. Which happens to be the only thing on the planet that can top Pumpkin Pie.

shutterstock_328646531.jpg

one of my favorites... this actually made my mouth water. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, ET80 said:

4. Steaks start at ribeye. Every other cut has its place in the universe, but if you're not starting at ribeye, you're wrong. 

5. If you order a bowl of chili and you get a bowl with any beans in it, you better flush that ish down and fight everyone in that goddam building. Chili does NOT have beans in it, and this is a hill I will both kill and die on. Get your bean stew out of my bowl. 

6. Back to steaks - anything above medium is a firable offense, and even medium is written/final warning status. If I wanted to eat a shoe, I'd eat my New Balance. How dare you ruin a precious sacrifice from a cow by throwing it over a fire until it's dried out and brown. How DARE you, sir or madam.

giphy.gif

Ribeye is life, cooked medium-rare. I have a ribeye for dinner at least once a week. I use to hate steak as a kid, until I discovered my dad was just a bigot that pointlessly cooked every ounce of flavor out of a steak. It was like eating leather and I will never forgive him for that.

Chili absolutely does not have beans and yet everyone around this hell hole of a state puts beans in their chili. It’s disgusting and just makes me waste my time eating around them. Disclaimer: Skyline Chili which is big in Ohio doesn’t have beans but truthfully I was still very unimpressed with their food.

Also steak sauce is a crock. If you put steak sauce on a steak you’re slapping the chef, cow and your mother right in the face. If I cook a steak and you ask for steak sauce you’re going to be eating your steak out of the trash can. No need for that kind of disrespect.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Also steak sauce is a crock. If you put steak sauce on a steak you’re slapping the chef, cow and your mother right in the face. If I cook a steak and you ask for steak sauce you’re going to be eating your steak out of the trash can. No need for that kind of disrespect.

Just to clarify, do you mean steak sauce (like A1 for instance) is trash, or that any sauce of any kind on a steak is trash?

Because a nice balsamic vinegar sauce can be awesome on a steak.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just to clarify, do you mean steak sauce (like A1 for instance) is trash, or that any sauce of any kind on a steak is trash?

Because a nice balsamic vinegar sauce can be awesome on a steak.

I think he's saying that he's serving his steak however he's cooked it (hopefully in a butter sauce), and if you ask for any additional sauce, that's extremely disrespectful.

23 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I like pepper jack cheese on burgers, but it's the only thing that tastes right other than American. Swiss and provolone are great for chicken though.

Sushi and wasabi ... not a fan. I'm not much into seafood to begin with, and raw seafood is even less appealing. Wasabi tastes like something died in my mouth.

¬¬

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Ribeye's are for poor people.  I only eat filets.  

Filet have a place. You know, I used to date a girl, she was a professionally trained dancer. Real petite, and her job kind of required her to stay petite - trying to do the crazy, high concept dancing stuff she did meant she couldn't really put weight on, she had to stay skinny.

Whenever we'd go to steakhouses, she'd order the filet - it was a good, flavorful, juicy cut - all the flavor in the world, and perfect for someone who was watching their figure.

So, if you're really watching that figure, filet is the way.

• Like 1