Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

7 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Its a totally unsexy pick but Jim Caldwell would be a good hire that would fix the culture and get us in the playoffs.

This would be a really solid pick.

Dude is a good coach.

Add him to the McCarthy and Rivera list of “maybe not amazing, but not going to make you look like an idiot” HC candidates.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Keith Britton Retweeted Jason La Canfora

‘“Jimmy Haslam is as close to Urban Meyer as he is with the Mannings," said one source with direct knowledge of the situation’ #BrownsNFL_Clubs_2019_2020_Emojis_ClevelandBrow

He would NEED to bring on Wade Phillips if the Rams let him go.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

He would NEED to bring on Wade Phillips if the Rams let him go.

Urb has always been elite at finding assistants. He may hire some dudes we never knew about and they end up being stars. Like the 49ers did. I’d be cool on wade he’s a proven DC but there’s gonna be a lot of HCs fire this offseason that could be an option and plenty of coordinators available. Dan Quinn, Matt Patricia, Jim Schwartz, JDR is still out there, Marvin Lewis as unlikely as it would be would be an amazing DC. 

I could actually see urban wanting to keep monken. They ran similar stuff in college. Monken shouldn't be getting any of the blame for this season. He’s a proven OC who’s only blemish is with Freddie when he’s not even calling plays. 

0.0% Chance Urban Meyer is coming to the Browns.

He's making a ton of money with FOX Sports and will only return to coaching in college football.

It would be a dream of dreams to get an elite culture/program leader/builder in Meyer. To then have delegate to big-time OCs/DCs while he coaches the team and the coaches would be the best thing ever. Wade Phillips and an Elite Offensive staff... throw in Larry Johnson as the DLine/Senior Assistant and Micky Mariotti as strength coach...  what a dream..

won't happen... and i hate you guys for making me even think about it...

59 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Urb has always been elite at finding assistants. He may hire some dudes we never knew about and they end up being stars. Like the 49ers did. I’d be cool on wade he’s a proven DC but there’s gonna be a lot of HCs fire this offseason that could be an option and plenty of coordinators available. Dan Quinn, Matt Patricia, Jim Schwartz, JDR is still out there, Marvin Lewis as unlikely as it would be would be an amazing DC. 

I could actually see urban wanting to keep monken. They ran similar stuff in college. Monken shouldn't be getting any of the blame for this season. He’s a proven OC who’s only blemish is with Freddie when he’s not even calling plays. 

I disagree about Monken. It’s his stupid all verts concepts that’s getting Baker killed. We need to implement the Nahlens concept.