Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

James Bettcher has previous DC experience with the Cards & Giants

He was hired as a senior advisor but has moved to coaching LB's in Johnny Holland's absence

He'd be an obvious in house candidate. My guess is he was brought in as insurance in case we lost Ryans this year, which is looking like the case...

If not, i'd love to get Fangio back

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

He was hired as a senior advisor but has moved to coaching LB's in Johnny Holland's absence

He'd be an obvious in house candidate. My guess is he was brought in as insurance in case we lost Ryans this year, which is looking like the case...

Sounds more and more like we are going to lose Ryan’s…crap!! 

I think there’s too much bad blood between Fangio and the org. He wanted the HC position when Harbaugh got let go and we know how that played out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Sounds more and more like we are going to lose Ryan’s…crap!! 

I think there’s too much bad blood between Fangio and the org. He wanted the HC position when Harbaugh got let go and we know how that played out

Three years ago I would have killed to get Fangio back as our DC. Now though, I really don't want to go through the inevitable growing pains that comes with a scheme change. Fangio is a 3-4 guy, through and through. And though the base destination isn't as big of a deal as it used to be, he's going to employ a totally different front that attacks differently than the Wide 9. Which also probably means the end of Koucerek. You have to bring in someone who aligns with Koucerek and allows the scheme to remain in principle, with their own twist thrown in. Maybe you give Undlin a shot, as he has previously apprenticed under Schwartz. Shanny might be inclined to see if he can hack with much better talent than he had in Detriot. Maybe you go after a familar names in Kris Richard or a Eric Washington. Maybe you go with the young, hot name like Aubrey Pleasant. We'll have plenty of options if Ryans leave. The fact the that the our two previous DCs went on to get head coaching positions would likely make us the most desirable job for any defensive assistant looking to climb the ladder.

Edited by 757-NINER

15 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Bettcher was pretty bad at his last stop in New York.

Plenty of good options out there with Zimmer, Martindale and Fangio.

Edited by Hopper15

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I didn't know about this either, wow. That would've been something LOL. I get it from Singletary's perspective, though. He's a man of deep faith and conviction and he most likely would've hated himself everyday for agreeing to that trade. Probably would've caused a pretty big riff with Big Ben, too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

I didn't know about this either, wow. That would've been something LOL. I get it from Singletary's perspective, though. He's a man of deep faith and conviction and he most likely would've hated himself everyday for agreeing to that trade. Probably would've caused a pretty big riff with Big Ben, too. 

I'm shocked that they gave him that kind of say if we are being honest. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

We went 8-8 with smith. So we should of atleast been a WC team with Ben?

Maybe this means we keep Singletary and Harbaugh never makes it to SF?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking as well. Maybe Crabtree becomes an absolute stud maybe. 2010 was the year where Seattle won with a 7-9 record. Guessing we can probably beat that with Ben. That also means that Beast Quake probably never happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's crazy. I wonder how different things go

Probably ends with us winning a SB at some point, especially if Ben stayed with us the rest of his career. Wouldn't have been able to draft guys like Aldon but he would have had good enough teams to make a run at it. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Probably ends with us winning a SB at some point, especially if Ben stayed with us the rest of his career. Wouldn't have been able to draft guys like Aldon but he would have had good enough teams to make a run at it. 

So you're telling me we would have had to 'settle' for Justin Houston? :P

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

So you're telling me we would have had to 'settle' for Justin Houston? :P

It would have been hard for us to miss in that draft even with a lower pick. Maybe we end up with Cameron Jordan or something lol.

Either way, the team with Ben was going to be a problem.