Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

My stance for the longest time has basically been the Alex Smith trade for Jimmy. I think that is very reasonable. Flat second + conditional pick the following year. 

Jeremy Fowler stated on the Barnwell podcast that Pittsburgh would prefer to stick with a vet, so that works in our favor for sure. 

The Giants feel like a team that will go the Bridgewater route. Jones' contract is fully guaranteed (only 8 million dollar hit) so unless they are trading him, there is no merit to just cutting him. This just feels like the Denver Broncos situation from this last year with Drew Lock. 

Personally, with two first round picks, I'd probably move around and see if I can't get back in the first or trade down and then grab a QB in this class. People don't love the class, but I think there's still merit to picking one if maybe you can get them to sit for a year. 

That makes sense for the Giants but they really are the best suitor for Wilson. Seahawks need picks and the Giants have two high picks while they play in a destination that Wilson would sign off on. 

Steelers just are not a team that rebuilds and want to start over. They make the most sense for Jimmy. He's going to be able to get them to compete and they have WRs that fit his game. 

There's some stuff about Flores going to Houston...That could change everything. Watson may want to stay put and it would really hurt a team like the Panthers. I want chaos, so I'm rooting for that lol.

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Steelers make the most since. I just dont think it's going to be a first in the years draft. To me if a team does offer a 1st it'll be in 2023 as a conditional. We receive a 3rd this year and a 2nd round conditional that can turn into a 1st based on playtime/playoffs. I still think that's alot for Jimmy. Lol

The Carson Wentz trade comes to mind. There could be more QB needy teams this offseason than last, and Jimmy is better than Wentz in basically every statistical category.. while only 1 year older.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That makes sense for the Giants but they really are the best suitor for Wilson. Seahawks need picks and the Giants have two high picks while they play in a destination that Wilson would sign off on. 

Steelers just are not a team that rebuilds and want to start over. They make the most sense for Jimmy. He's going to be able to get them to compete and they have WRs that fit his game. 

There's some stuff about Flores going to Houston...That could change everything. Watson may want to stay put and it would really hurt a team like the Panthers. I want chaos, so I'm rooting for that lol.

No I need to hold out hope that Adam Peters gets the job in NYG and wants Jimmy badly! Like at least one of those 1’s…

I think Jimmy will end up in NO. I know some ppl have mentioned Rodgers may want to go to Pitt, so if that happens before we can move Jimmy. Let’s see 

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

The Carson Wentz trade comes to mind. There could be more QB needy teams this offseason than last, and Jimmy is better than Wentz in basically every statistical category.. while only 1 year older.

The only thing with Wentz is that people got confused and thought that brief stretch where he was an absolute MVP level QB was the real him and they thought he had that kind of upside again.  If it was, that disappeared with the injury, but I'm not sure it ever was. Hard to say. Nobody ever looks at any stretch of the way Jimmy plays and says, "that's an MVP level guy there"  (which is funny because I'd be willing to bet that Jimmy has had stretches where he was as good as that MVP level period from Wentz).  In truth, Derek Carr is actually who people thought Carson Wentz was. 

The biggest thing that Wentz had in his favor was Frank Reich being a head coach of a team who needed a QB lol. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, adamq said:

Minus that MVP run right…I get it from a statistical standpoint, but still the eye test. Jimmy is consistently inconsistent. 

i agree though, no number one coming out of college so this is definitely our off-season to unload him. Have too! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Colts are a darkhorse team to trade for Jimmy...they enquired about him before & neither the GM or HC have committed to Wentz for next season. Reminds me of when the Rams wouldn't commit to Goff after last years playoff loss. 

They also reached out about McGlinchey. Compton is looking pretty good or maybe even McKivitz. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

They also reached out about McGlinchey. Compton is looking pretty good or maybe even McKivitz. 

I could roll with either McKitvitz or Moore@RT next year. McG had been solid this year up until his injury but he was never good enough long-term to command a second contract.  

• Like 1

I think with Jimmy he is both good and bad in the same game. He can be absolutely terrible and then throw a int and turn it completely 180. Most other QB's like Wentz play or played well for a couple of game and the have a stinker instead of doing it all in one game almost every game.

18 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Steelers make the most since. I just dont think it's going to be a first in the years draft. To me if a team does offer a 1st it'll be in 2023 as a conditional. We receive a 3rd this year and a 2nd round conditional that can turn into a 1st based on playtime/playoffs. I still think that's alot for Jimmy. Lol

I always thought we should go for a 3rd 2022 + conditional 2023. 

And I also wondered, since I don't think it's too likely we get a first straight up for Jimmy, what would you guys think if we packaged our 2nd + jimmy for a first?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StevenK said:

No I need to hold out hope that Adam Peters gets the job in NYG and wants Jimmy badly! Like at least one of those 1’s…

I think Jimmy will end up in NO. I know some ppl have mentioned Rodgers may want to go to Pitt, so if that happens before we can move Jimmy. Let’s see 

I want them to take Ran Carthon from us, not Peters! 

50 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I always thought we should go for a 3rd 2022 + conditional 2023. 

And I also wondered, since I don't think it's too likely we get a first straight up for Jimmy, what would you guys think if we packaged our 2nd + jimmy for a first?

This is what I was suggesting this year during the draft. Trying to package Jimmy G with our second to get NE's 1st. Obviously that didn't happen and it's probably good that we held on to Jimmy this year. That being said, I would not be opposed to it. Getting back into the first round would be huge for us imo. 

• Like 1