Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

https://nflpa.com/san-francisco-49ers-report-card

1,300 of our players provided information to share with one another about their current club, to not only help them make important career decisions, but also help raise standards across the league.

49ers ranked very well across the board, except the Training Room got a C+.. 

Staffing

• 89% feel they have enough ATCs
  • 86% feel they have enough PTs

• 54% of players feel they have enough hot tub space (Ranked 26th)
  • 58% of players feel they have enough cold tub space (Ranked 26th)

Edited by adamq
  • Like 4

Looks like Arizona stole Shea Thompson, our former Director of Performance Monitoring/Strength and Conditioning Assistant. He was with Dustin Perry since their days at U of Minnesota. He will now be the Director of Football Performance with the Cardinals.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adamq said:

https://nflpa.com/san-francisco-49ers-report-card

1,300 of our players provided information to share with one another about their current club, to not only help them make important career decisions, but also help raise standards across the league.

49ers ranked very well across the board, except the Training Room got a C+.. 

Staffing

• 89% feel they have enough ATCs
  • 86% feel they have enough PTs

• 54% of players feel they have enough hot tub space (Ranked 26th)
  • 58% of players feel they have enough cold tub space (Ranked 26th)

It's wild to see a team like Kansas City rank so terribly across the board. I really wonder if it would be a dumpster fire franchise if Mahomes wasn't there.

But looks great for us. Nothing below average although we could use a little work on that weight room. Pretty great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AustrianNiner said:

It's clear a few things did not go the 49ers way in the draft:

• The TE market moved very early and left the 49ers with limited options and clearly over-drafted out of need
  • The OL market dried up and the 49ers were left with picking guys who would not make the team, so they passed all together
  • They missed the boat entirely on late-round QBs to stash on the PS. The bottom fell out of the QB market pretty quickly
  • Not having a 4th round pick forced them to take a kicker earlier than they wanted
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's clear a few things did not go the 49ers way in the draft:

• The TE market moved very early and left the 49ers with limited options and clearly over-drafted out of need
  • The OL market dried up and the 49ers were left with picking guys who would not make the team, so they passed all together
  • They missed the boat entirely on late-round QBs to stash on the PS. The bottom fell out of the QB market pretty quickly
  • Not having a 4th round pick forced them to take a kicker earlier than they wanted

100% as shown by the Latu pick. Also pretty sure they would have picked DTR in the 5th. Not sure about the OL though, if they didn't like any of the Day 3 guys over Latu then they really didn't like them. Bunch of people were saying that the Niners weren't really looking at OT especially.

• Like 1

I expect all our draft picks, as well as 1 UDFA RB/OL to make our 53 as a backup. Maybe Ronnie Bell makes the PS, but I could also see us keeping 6 WR's, or even him usurping Danny Gray 

With the signing of QB Brandon Allen, I guess we're pretty set for our TC roster barring injuries?

Just hoping we can extend Bosa before TC

24 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I expect all our draft picks, as well as 1 UDFA RB/OL to make our 53 as a backup. Maybe Ronnie Bell makes the PS, but I could also see us keeping 6 WR's, or even him usurping Danny Gray 

With the signing of QB Brandon Allen, I guess we're pretty set for our TC roster barring injuries?

Just hoping we can extend Bosa before TC

I'm not sure about that to be honest but I guess it comes down to Graham and what type of STs player he is.

32 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Ronnie Bell chose #28 as a wide receiver. That man is going to the practice squad lol 

• Like 5