TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Gronk didn't hit another man in the head with his helmet on a primetime game. Gronk should gave gotten more than a game, doesn't change that Garrett needs to be made an example of. 

Gronk hit a player who was down on the ground, much smaller than him and completely unable to see Gronk (which made this more cowardly too), hit him in the head with his full body weight driving down, and White was concussed and missed time (which should be extra sensitive for the nfl).

Right now that's the standard the NFL has to look to and it was 1 game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Guess we should just talk about Jared Goff being below average and watch him rant for 2 days about how his dark web advanced stats actually have him at a first ballot hall of famer in the NFL and NBA somehow 

Watch yourself. I am deadly accurate swinging a helmet. 

If Garrett had caused injury to Rudolph, to point of him needing to be put in an ambulance and rushed the hospital, we would be talking about an NFL ban for life potentially. For those defending him, I'm glad Rudolph wasnt hurt because the reality is, Garrett could've just as easily killed Rudolph by hitting him in the head with the helmet.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Seriously. I ain't trying to make this into a Patriots thing but it's a legitimate gripe to bring this up with the inconsistent NFL punishments... Tom Brady gets 4 games for deflated balls, there HAS to be more than 4 games for ripping a dudes helmet off and trying to pummel a dude's head with it 

Deflated balls, refusing to fully cooperate, hubris and full-court defense mode the entire way, destroying evidence.

YES the punishment was over the top (specifically that it landed almost all on Brady, rather than more on the team and BB), but it wasn't JUST for the deflated balls. If they had just said "sorry bro" and moved on, the punishment would've been less. Instead they made it into a goddamn war of attrition with lawyers and courts and rulings and legalese. I believe it was the Falcons who got caught around this same time for pumping in crowd noise or something. They sorry "I'm so sowwy" and got a slap on the wrist. But that ain't the Patriot Way!

Also, I do draw a distinction between actions that are specifically meant to cheat the (supposed) integrity of the game itself; of the product on the field. If it comes out the the result isn't on the up-and-up, that's devastating to a league. They HAVE to come down on things that may cheat the outcome (with gambling and everything, they have to).

ALSO also...I don't entirely disagree with your overall opinion. Dude should probably be suspended a minimum of 4, if not 8.

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

If Garrett had caused injury to Rudolph, to point of him needing to be put in an ambulance and rushed the hospital, we would be talking about an NFL ban for life potentially. For those defending him, I'm glad Rudolph wasnt hurt because the reality is, Garrett could've just as easily killed Rudolph by hitting him in the head with the helmet.

Dramatic much?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

This is, IMO, worse than Haynesworth specifically because of swinging the helmet at Rudolph's head.  I know the system doesn't work this way, but he should be levied an even harsher penalty if he even has the audacity to appeal whatever suspension he has coming.

Im not sure about that. Haynesworth stomped a dude on the face causing multiple stitches.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

WTF did Rudolph do to deserve an ejection?

Garrett body slammed Rudolph and then continued on the ground.  Rudolph grabbed his facemaskz okay Myles is allowed to be angry about that but what he did deserves a suspension for at least the rest of this season.

Pouncey went to battle for his QB, doesnt make his actions the correct ones. Deserves to be suspended more than 1 game.

More of a reverse body slam. He pulled Rudolph on top of him. 

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah him and everyone else blaming Rudolph or shrugging this off are disgusting tbh. He hit him in the head with an effing helmet, he could’ve caused serious damage or worse. 

Leave it to NFL Gen to think it’s funny though.

Look at the events before the Garrett attack. Mason did something. Its kinda hard to tell if it was anything above attempting to rip off the helmet. But whatever it was, it obviously did not deserve the retaliation that Garrett chose. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

Just now, Nbanflguy said:

Of all people, he hit Mason Rudolph in the head.... the guy just coming back from a huge concussion. I think that will factor in to the suspension and make it even longer than it otherwise would have been

That shouldn't have a thing to do with it.  If he was still "dealing" with his concussion he wouldn't be playing.  He hit a player on the head, and will be dealt with (probably harshly) by the league.