What to do about Myles Garrett

RaidersAreOne

Just now, cp0k2 said:

Kneejerk reaction society.

He'll be suspended multiple games. He'll be heavily fined. Deservedly so.

He'll play again and at a high level (barring injury, of course).

This will be brought up periodically for a few years during telecasts.

If he continues his career trajectory, no one (except Steelers fans and fans of the rivals of whatever team he goes to after Cleveland) will bring this up during his Hall of Fame induction.

He's not going to jail.

He's not going to be banned.

The NFL will go on.

You will still watch. I will still watch. All the people wanting blood will still watch.

Fin.

This.

Stop being so dramatic.

• Like 2

I really don't think mason was trying to take off myle's helmet. I think he was trying to get him off and that was the only place he could try to push off cause Myles was around his waist. Plus Myles was trying to slam him to the ground well after he got rid of the ball. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clean enough the ref didn't throw a flag in the QB protection happy NFL.

Nobody is saying that what Mason did warranted what Myles did. Nobody is defending Myles. 

The comparison is, Mason was annoyed that Myles was cutting his grass at 7:30 am on a Saturday so Mason threw a rock at him. Myles responded by pulling out an AR-15 and taking a shot at him.

We all know that trying to shoot your neighbor is out of hand and deserving of punishment. But we all also know that you shouldn't be throwing a rock at your neighbor. 

Refs dont see everything. By then both guys are up and Myles is attempting murder.

Your analogy is flawed. Mason threw nothing. He touched the player. Players grab jerseys and face masks when getting physical and should be held accountable.

But you're still saying... "well ackshually Mason..."

No. As I said, players emotions get out of hand. It's why in this violent game they have rules to prevent it from literally becoming a Roman Collisseum. Mason was still somewhat in the ballpark of the rules.

Garrett thought it was Thunderdome.

So back to an apt analogy...

So your neighbor pokes you in the chest during an argument. That gives you the right to brain him?

I mean after all, hes not supposed to touch you, so that gives you the right to attempt murder?

Interesting. If that's your take, I want you on my jury.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

lol what a baby!

He messed with the bull and got the horns.

Garrett is a moron for what he did and I'm not justifying that, but shut up Rudolph.

Trying to smash someones head in with a helmet is pretty cowardly, he couldnt have just thrown a couple of punches Rudolphs way?

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Refs dont see everything. By then both guys are up and Myles is attempting murder.

Your analogy is flawed. Mason threw nothing. He touched the player. Players grab jerseys and face masks when getting physical and should be held accountable.

But you're still saying... "well ackshually Mason..."

No. As I said, players emotions get out of hand. It's why in this violent game they have rules to prevent it from literally becoming a Roman Collisseum. Mason was still somewhat in the ballpark of the rules.

Garrett thought it was Thunderdome.

So back to an apt analogy...

So your neighbor pokes you in the chest during an argument. That gives you the right to brain him?

I mean after all, hes not supposed to touch you, so that gives you the right to attempt murder?

Interesting. If that's your take, I want you on my jury.

There's a ref literally assigned to watch the QB to make sure he's kept safe. There's a time for "the refs don't see everything" and it's not when talking about the safety of a QB.

Mason tried to shove Garrett's head into the ground. Come on. It's clearly visible on the video. 

WHO THE HELL IS SAYING GARRETT HAD THE RIGHT TO SWING THE HELMET???? NOBODY IS SAYING THAT. THE POINT BEING MADE IS THAT RUDOLPH WAS THE INSTIGATOR.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DannyB said:

The pearl-clutching by the announcers is hilarious. One of the worst things you've ever seen in your life?? Two girls one cup doesn't even register on my radar anymore.

I'm sure they mean on the football field. IDK, i'm sure there's a lot of dirty plays in the NFL's history, some hidden/not caught by cameras, but not many register more viscerally than someone throwing a helmet at full force on someone else's skull