What to do about Myles Garrett

RaidersAreOne

Rudolph started it and should get fined. Myles took it up a few levels and should get fined and suspended for 6 games reduced to four on appeal. Pouncey should get fined and a four game suspension reduced to two on appeal.

Myles will learn from this. He is a seriously intelligent guy and off the field a really good person. This is a rugby term but he has white line fever. Which basically means a switch goes off when he crosses the line to go onto the field and he loses the plot a bit

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Pouncey is a scumbag too.  Suspend him.

He didnt try to bludgeon a helmetless player with a blunt object.  

Youre a smart guy....you have to see the difference.

I do see the difference. Garrett's was obviously worse.

But technically, there were two felonies committed by both teams.

Neither should warrant a jail sentence IMO.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Pouncey was stomping on the head of a downed player. That could be felonious assault too

I'll defer to you on this one. You're a fan of The U, so I assume you're well-versed on the specifics of what constitutes felonious assault :D

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And had Garrett let Mason do that, Mason gets a flag and a fine. Instead Garrett should be suspended indefinitely.

"It's a violent game" is not a justification for any violence. And certainly not justification for what Garrett did.

Guy who retaliates, always gets hit with the laundry and fines

Highly doubtful the NFL fines a QB for a hit on a defensive player. That's just not how they get down. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And had Garrett let Mason do that, Mason gets a flag and a fine. Instead Garrett should be suspended indefinitely.

"It's a violent game" is not a justification for any violence. And certainly not justification for what Garrett did.

Guy who retaliates, always gets hit with the laundry and fines

Possibly, but the game was over already and now we won't know if it would have just been a flag on Rudolph if that was the case.

I'm not condoning extra violence to an already violent game by any means. There is absolutely no defending for what Garrett did, all I've been saying is that people need to stop acting like Rudolph was just standing there all innocent.

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Give him 4 games.

I'd say more but Rudolph started this **** by trying to shove Garrett's helmet into the ground, and then re-engaging after they had been separated.

This was classic lashing out, frustrated, ****ty, "Treat me like a real football player until it's time to start getting hit", QB behavior. 

Finally a voice of reason in this.  Obviously intent should be taken into account but so should the exigent circumstances

Just now, DannyB said:

I'll defer to you on this one. You're a fan of The U, so I assume you're well-versed on the specifics of what constitutes felonious assault :D

Yeah Garrett's form was a little off on the helmet swing. He hit him with the inside padding. Bad form that should be corrected if he ever wants to be as swaggy as a 'Cane.

• Like 1

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I do see the difference. Garrett's was obviously worse.

But technically, there were two felonies committed by both teams.

Neither should warrant a jail sentence IMO.

In everyday life, they would be.

Pouncey deserves a game or 2.

Garrett should be out the entire season...and I was a huge Garrett fan before this.

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Rudolph started it and should get fined. Myles took it up a few levels and should get fined and suspended for 6 games reduced to four on appeal. Pouncey should get fined and a four game suspension reduced to two on appeal.

Myles will learn from this. He is a seriously intelligent guy and off the field a really good person. This is a rugby term but he has white line fever. Which basically means a switch goes off when he crosses the line to go onto the field and he loses the plot a bit

What's the appeal? "I did not succeed in maiming Mason Rudolph, have mercy."

• Like 2

Kneejerk reaction society.

He'll be suspended multiple games. He'll be heavily fined. Deservedly so.

He'll play again and at a high level (barring injury, of course).

This will be brought up periodically for a few years during telecasts.

If he continues his career trajectory, no one (except Steelers fans and fans of the rivals of whatever team he goes to after Cleveland) will bring this up during his Hall of Fame induction.

He's not going to jail.

He's not going to be banned.

The NFL will go on.

You will still watch. I will still watch. All the people wanting blood will still watch.

Fin.

• Like 3