Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Still taking the Colts. Just locked it in. Just like this spot for them and I honestly think the Titans are overrated. Just need Rivers to not blow this

Took a couple interesting bets and props. Titans by 1-13 is +170. Tannehill to throw for more yards than rivers is +170. I like one to hit *shrug*

On 11/10/2020 at 11:32 PM, Broncofan said:

OK for TNF....when faced between 2 evenly matched teams, go with the better QB.   So I'll go TEN -2.   Really interested in IND pass game props for the WR's if they are behind.  

Immediate leans off the spreads released:

TB -4.5 - this has dropped 2 pts following SNF.  This is a major overreaction IMO.   I like CAR's coaching, but the talent gap is massive, and the matchups are a huge problem.  And if CMC is ruled out, man...TB anger game.

SEA +2 - Aaron Donald & Jalen Ramsey can be negated with great QB play and more than 1 WR who can ball out - that's SEA.   I know SEA's D is struggling - but LAR's O is so one-dimensional, I don't see this.   I'm tempted to take the ML TBH.

MIA -2.5 - it's all about LAC travelling out east - and that MIA D being able to pose problems for Herbert & Allen.    Sadly, super-talented LAC team finds a way to lose, so 2.5 is pretty decent to take.

PIT -7 - don't believe the narrative that Big Ben might miss the game.   He's been tested negative, and his locker was next to Vance McDonald.   That to me increases his chances of testing negative throughout - and we've seen the "will he/won't he play" with injuries before - he always plays if it doesn't need surgery.  On the flip side, the PIT pass rush feasts on bad OL's and CIN's OL gets destroyed by elite pass rushes.   Love Burrow, but this is a terrible spot.

BAL -7 - it's not based on the MNF game - it's that NE's D is absolutely decimated.  Without a pass rush or stout run D - that plays into BAL's frontrunner style.   And on the flip side, with Isiah Wynn hurting, that's another awful matchup vs. BAL's upgraded pass rush.    NE won't have a fully healthy Damien Harris, and I think Cam's hurting.   This seems like a 10+ pt get-right W for BAL.

I get that dogs have been doing much better this year, so I am nervous taking 5 out of 6 favorites.  I'm posting these because I do think the line is only going to increase, why I'm taking them now, before they cross the important 7/7.5 or 3 pt thresholds (whereas TAM I think is way below appropriate pricing at around 7).  We'll see.

Take Mia -2.5 off the board - losing 2 key starters on front 7 to Covid list that was a big part to neutralizing Herbert & co.  

Edited by Broncofan

39 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

@N4L @Forge What’s your read on SF this week? Is it wise to take NO in my survivor?

Yes, absolutely. I don't see a scenario where the niners win. Took us scoring 40 last year and we just don't have the same firepower as we did last year. Our defense is also significantly worse this year than last because we have no edge rush due to poor roster construction

I actually think the saints are going to cover 10 points rather easily as well. 

You can see my full breakdown of why I think this game won't be close here: 

Tartt is going on IR. We are without our starting slot corner as well. Last year the saints went right after Marcell Harris from the first play of the game. He is bad everywhere except for in the box and I suspect the saints will come out in ,3-4 wr sets and attack the deep part of the field, considering we are thin in the secondary and have no pass rush 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

@N4L @Forge What’s your read on SF this week? Is it wise to take NO in my survivor?

Is it wise? Probably not...but not because of anything to do with the 49ers lol. I have to imagine that no team has been responsible for more Survivor game deaths than New Orleans over the last decade lol. 

But yeah, this should be a pretty easy W for the saints. I'm starting the saints Defense in my big money fantasy league as a streamer  if that tells you anything

I like the over in the raiders broncos game a lot, especially if denvers corners are out again. The raiders are throwing the ball down the field a lot more, I like how their run game has looked recently as well. 

I also think denver has the weapons on the outside to put up some points. 

According to the link below, denver is one of the fastest teams in the NFL based on seconds between plays:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/pace-stats/2020

So I like Oakland to score, and I like denvers pace and weapons to score enough to push the game over 50

Waiting on clarity on denver's corners, but I think this will be my biggest bet of the weekend. 

Put a nominal sum on the 49ers +10 (just enough to recoup my fliers on random golfers at The Masters). Looking pretty good so far, the idea was that despite all the injuries, Kyle Shanahan offensive schemes usually give the Saints defense trouble and this line felt a little high bc of the Bucs blowout last week.

54 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Put a nominal sum on the 49ers +10 (just enough to recoup my fliers on random golfers at The Masters). Looking pretty good so far, the idea was that despite all the injuries, Kyle Shanahan offensive schemes usually give the Saints defense trouble and this line felt a little high bc of the Bucs blowout last week.

If brees doesn’t get hurt 0% chance this hits

WOW, that's an amazing swing in Packers vs Colts game. Opened with Packers (- 2.5) and swung all the way to the Colts (- 2.5)
We''ll see what happens the rest of the week, but a 5 point swing is notable. Last week the sharp bettors created a similar swing in Titans vs Colts with Titans opening as the favorite ( -2) , but then the money came in on Colts (-1) at closing time

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/matchups.cfm/week/11/season/2020

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

WOW, that's an amazing swing in Packers vs Colts game. Opened with Packers (- 2.5) and swung all the way to the Colts (- 2.5)
We''ll see what happens the rest of the week, but a 5 point swing is notable. Last week the sharp bettors created a similar swing in Titans vs Colts with Titans opening as the favorite ( -2) , but then the money came in on Colts (-1) at closing time

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/matchups.cfm/week/11/season/2020

What's up with this? Do the Packers have any serious injuries? Like Davante Adams or anyone big like that