FF King of The Forum I: Final Three

FinneasGage

18 hours ago, Shady Slim said:
18 hours ago, The Orca said:

@Shady Slim we are here to have some fun, so I shall not burn you and run

You such a nice guy, how about I just make you smile

Aussies are cool and great whites rule, what am I talking about we know Orcas run this school

lol before i start i misread you and thought you said “whites rule” at first and i was like yooooooo now hold up

ahem

now

i believe that you went by “lettheballfly”

im bout to spit rhymes to make you cry

in bb and mafia you’re a historic pain

and you got the dumb half of the twins’ shared brain

maybe split from pickle and be your own man

but i wouldn’t expect success from a tampa bay fan

i’m told that fish are friends and not food

these bars are eating you up pardon me if i’m rude

@Shady Slim

I'm such a good guy

Why dont you give that another try

I'm throwing this round

Maybe better facts you have found

Let me list all the things you missed on

Tampa bay fan
Dumb twin

Roasting Orca but missing the facts makes a roast that surely lacks

I told everyone you would win

So make this easy on Fin

Make a roast about me and set me free

• Like 1

I thought LBC put forth a decent first post. I didn't really chuckle at anything. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I didn't really get the jokes. The roast element was low. But he's well-spoken and good at putting word together, so it wasn't bad. But overall I didn't find it super amusing. 

ET's retort: He definitely kinda clapped back at least. I don't think it was overly creative. He "roasted" slightly higher, but it's definitely easier on the retort. 

So through the initial exchange it's pretty even. ET could've done a lot more with the clap back. LBC's initial joke wasn't super strong, but at least he utilized some creative thought.

LBC's response was easily the best post so far with the first line little part. The call back to bologna was something. Then he referenced some movies I haven't seen lmao. But I like where it's going. He's putting forth a lot more thought into his jokes. The roasts have more substance this time. I didn't laugh, but I kinda smiled at some parts. It was good stuff, well put together. It definitely gave him a pretty sizable lead over ET going into the last post. ET would need a heater to beat him. 

ET's retort: I didn't like the first line, personally. He put forth some effort. It's like you're saying "look at this guy trying and using his brain" almost. The bachelor's in barista was your best joke of the battle so far. I liked it. Your next section, continuing ****ting on being a teacher, was also good stuff. Wasn't funny enough to laugh at, but it was solid. Mentioning the dated references was huge for me because I hadn't seen those movies, so I did kinda smile at that. Wow ok, the close to this was strong. I feel like your last post was probably the best post of this battle.

1) ET's 2nd
2) LBC's 2nd
3) LBC's 1st
4) ET's 1st

Is how I liked them. It's tight... ET's weak 1st post really makes this close. LBC was more consistent, but ET's second post was the one that I thought had the best jokes. I just can't honestly say I got the references LBC was making in the second post, which is unfortunate because I thought he put forth more effort. So with all that said.... I have to say I think the winner of this was ET

@ET80 Good job saving your *** with the second post

@The LBC You put forth more effort, but the jokes didn't really land as hard as ET's did in his second post. It was really tight. 

Smug Squad: 0
Poems of Mud: 1

• Like 2

Alright. 

Lbc part 1- I didn’t understand the reference but you still shot your shot anyway and it was just random enough for me to be okay with it

ET part 1- came off as lazy and rushed 

LBC part 2- more inspired this time but made a bunch of roasts that were dated that not everyone was going to get but I think that was intentional cause it was geared towards ET and what he feels about him 

ET part 2- I feel like his final jabs were all decent and not just random pop culture references from 3 decades ago. Especially liked the 8 years in college and half a million dollars to be a high school teacher bit. 

Im giving this one to ET

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Alright. 

Lbc part 1- I didn’t understand the reference but you still shot your shot anyway and it was just random enough for me to be okay with it

ET part 1- came off as lazy and rushed 

LBC part 2- more inspired this time but made a bunch of roasts that were dated that not everyone was going to get but I think that was intentional cause it was geared towards ET and what he feels about him 

ET part 2- I feel like his final jabs were all decent and not just random pop culture references from 3 decades ago. Especially liked the 8 years in college and half a million dollars to be a high school teacher bit. 

Im giving this one to ET

@ET80 you've officially won.

@Adrenaline_Flux no need for you to score this bout, unless you just wanted to provide your opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinneasGage said:

@ET80 you've officially won.

@Adrenaline_Flux no need for you to score this bout, unless you just wanted to provide your opinion. 

Sweet!

Great game @The LBC - I understood the references, and they were great. Also, I hope you don't hate me too much on ragging on your Doctorate; I barely got my Bachelors, what you're able to do is amazing. 

Go team PoM!

@Malfatron @Pickle Rick @The Orca @ET80 @theuntouchable @Nazgul @rackcs @TedLavie @Outpost31 @SwAg @Shady Slim @gopherwrestler @The LBC @bcb1213 @Forge @TLO @daboyle250 @mission27

Just one final set of reminders for you all.... I won't remind anyone again. 

1) The arena for advantage challenge #3 remains open. It will close tomorrow at 11:59pm est tomorrow. If you wish to advance to the next round you must find a challenger and compete. However this is optional. 

2) You must complete your roasts with the correct format by 11:59pm est tomorrow. If you're the reason the roast wasn't completed, you are taking the L. There's no slipping an initial retort right before the deadline. If you held it up for a majority of the time, you lose. Don't try to cheat the system...

No more announcements until tomorrow at midnight. 

Edit: And don't forget to send journal/diary entries. We have very few. 

Edited by FinneasGage

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Sweet!

Great game @The LBC - I understood the references, and they were great. Also, I hope you don't hate me too much on ragging on your Doctorate; I barely got my Bachelors, what you're able to do is amazing. 

Go team PoM!

TBH, I thought we had one more round (I thought it was rounds of 3), so I kind of held back on the 2nd post because I was setting up reference points for the Ether (if people in this thread don't understand that reference, and youth isn't an excuse, promptly go excuse yourself to gargle bleach) in the 3rd and final round.

Also, not sure why, but I held back on making references to Webby, his camaro, Pwny, and your hetero-lifemate the horse lawyer.  Felt like BOB zings would be too obvious, too.  Had I remembered Tyty was a judge, I'd have just made a bunch of fart jokes.

And finally, I got the Doctorate partly for vanity (I wanted people to have to call me Doctor, damnit!) and partly so that I don't get stuck teaching BO-ridden teenagers till retirement, since I have no desire whatsoever to go into administration.  At some point, probably when all the kids are in school, I'm going to start applying to teach at JC's or even and out and out university.

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

LBC is a backstabber. He won the trade.

I think I've only see our captain in the chat the same times as me once.

And how do people know I didn't trade myself?  I'm an agent of chaos like that... and I wasn't a top 4 pick (still kinda bugs me).

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think I've only see our captain in the chat the same times as me once.

And how do people know I didn't trade myself?  I'm an agent of chaos like that... and I wasn't a top 4 pick (still kinda bugs me).

Tell us what you did, Mr. LBC.