Should the Playoff format change (used to be the Dallas- Bears TNF thread)

Malfatron

who loses  

60 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's incredible.  I was thinking that Dallas could possibly make the playoffs without having beaten a single team with a winning record all season.  I doubt that has ever been done.

And most people would still say they'd deserve a guaranteed postseason home game. Screw that.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

And most people would still say they'd deserve a guaranteed postseason home game. Screw that.

Yeah, I'm a proponent of just opening the whole league up to a single elimination tournament like the Final Four in college basketball.  Let teams be seeded by record and have a few different tiebreakers.  It would make it interesting to see the Packers playing the Chargers, or games similar to that.  Change things up year to year.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, I'm a proponent of just opening the whole league up to a single elimination tournament like the Final Four in college basketball.  Let teams be seeded by record and have a few different tiebreakers.  It would make it interesting to see the Packers playing the Chargers, or games similar to that.  Change things up year to year.

Nah, regular season woukd be diminished

maybe once every 10 years the whole year can be a triple elimination tourney