DPOY 2019

goldfishwars

Who you got?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who is this year's DPOY

On 12/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, DannyB said:

No but I'd love to see that info somewhere. I just know that while he does have a primary coverage assignment, it typically isn't a 100% shadow situation.

He has covered...

Juju Smith-Schuster, Preston Williams, Robby Anderson, John Brown, Terry McLaurin, Darius Slayton, Robby Anderson, OBJ, Marquise Brown, Jordan Matthews, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, and Tyler Boyd.

Of those targets, has allowed 35 receptions, broken up 11 passes, allowed 0 TDs, picked 6 interceptions, and allowed a passer rating of 41.6.

5 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

He has covered...

Juju Smith-Schuster, Preston Williams, Robby Anderson, John Brown, Terry McLaurin, Darius Slayton, Robby Anderson, OBJ, Marquise Brown, Jordan Matthews, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, and Tyler Boyd.

Of those targets, has allowed 35 receptions, broken up 11 passes, allowed 0 TDs, picked 6 interceptions, and allowed a passer rating of 41.6.

Yeah, he's having a really good year. He might be DPOY I dunno, I haven't really done a deep dive. I'm just pointing out that, while he does have a primary assignment each game, it isn't exactly a 100% "pick and stick" situation like Revis used to do back in the day. That's not a judgment, just an observation of facts.

6 hours ago, The BILLievers said:
  • Gilmore : 36 completions allowed on 80 attempts (45.0%), 0 TDs allowed, 22.5 opponent passer rating, 6 INTs, 0 sack
  • Tre White : 37 completions allowed on 81 attempts (45.7%), 0 TDs allowed, 25.6 opponent passer rating, 6 INTs, 1 sack

Does White follow guys around, or does he play one side of the field? I suspect it's one side of the field since McDermott is zone heavy guy, although I'm not sure. If he doesn't follow like Gilmore, then there's your answer as to why Gilmore is getting so much more love (well, why he should be, we know in actuality it's as simple as 1 guy being a Patriot and the other being a BIll).

Now that doesn't mean White isn't an elite CB (see: LOB Sherman), but that difference in the difficulty of coverage responsibilities is absolutely a major "tiebreaker" of sorts when it comes to 2 CBs with comparable metrics IMO.

I voted other for Tyrann Mathieu, the swiss army knife. His individual stats are great despite him having a few INT's called back on BS penalties, and he's made everyone around him better and been the leader for the chiefs defense all season. Last year we had the league worst defense, but these past 5 or 6 weeks we've been top 10. My man got robbed on the pro bowl, but it wont matter cause he'll be preparing for the super bowl that week.

Edited by Kirill

7 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

He has covered...

I see 4 good WRs on that list, only one (maybe 2) of which is elite.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think it’s just because it’s corners. It’s not a flashy position like D end or stat padder like LB

but Gilmore has definitely played DPOY level

I wish last years DPOY sans Donald would have been this year. I think Daniel Hunter would have won it.