Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

Rodgers has made some boneheaded decisions this year.  One would hope his coaches are addressing this issue.  I have no problem with MLF.   Early in the game AR will follow his HC's script and we usually get a lead.  But his play regresses when he improvises later in the games.  :(

My issue is although Rodgers isn’t playing like Rodgers... to define him as “terrible” as the article does is also hyperbole.

This whole season Rodgers and his pass catchers have been slightly off and inconsistent. I’d wonder what the narrative would be if just half of his misses hit.

Exactly what Rodgers said after the bears game... this is a first year offense and with that in mind all this makes sense. Everyone just expects the moon from Rodgers.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

My issue is although Rodgers isn’t playing like Rodgers... to define him as “terrible” as the article does is also hyperbole.

This whole season Rodgers and his pass catchers have been slightly off and inconsistent. I’d wonder what the narrative would be if just half of his misses hit.

Exactly what Rodgers said after the bears game... this is a first year offense and with that in mind all this makes sense. Everyone just expects the moon from Rodgers.

It's perplexing to me that some folks think Rodgers is going to magically flip some switch and be great again.  He is what he is at this point - he's not going to magically change overnight.  What CAN HAPPEN with Rodgers is more adaptation to the scheme, which will "hopefully" lead to better timing and efficiency.  So much of it for him now is mental and his unwillingness to adapt.  If you're holding your breath, you'll run out of air.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

It's perplexing to me that some folks think Rodgers is going to magically flip some switch and be great again.  He is what he is at this point - he's not going to magically change overnight.  What CAN HAPPEN with Rodgers is more adaptation to the scheme, which will "hopefully" lead to better timing and efficiency.  So much of it for him now is mental and his unwillingness to adapt.  If you're holding your breath, you'll run out of air.

I agree... but I think he is just as talented and magical today as Matt Ryan was when this offense helped him win MVP and helping Cousin look legit.

I think Rodgers needs another offseason and I think they need to finally bury all the McCarthy hold over to help Rodgers transition. Then I think Rodgers will look the part again as he ages more and more.

20 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

im pretty shocked we haven't even tried to utilize him the passing game yet. probably the most confusing thing personnel wise aside from not getting tony brown and kadar hollman on the field. 

??? He was on IR for awhile... and how many reps is he truly getting during practice with Graham, Lewis and Tonyan all in front of him?

He isn’t going to be anything this year for Green Bay. Maybe A catch here and there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Hoping Pettine discards the "Bend and Implode" defensive strategy in this game.  Our boys need to play aggressively and attack between the 20 yard lines.  Giving Minny safe passage into the red-zone is a recipe for disaster.

Our CB's match up really well with them. Can we cover their TE's? Now that Cook is out (reported) the running game is not nearly as effective. 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Our CB's match up really well with them. Can we cover their TE's? Now that Cook is out (reported) the running game is not nearly as effective. 

Except his back up, Boone, went beast mode last week. They're running game is certainly not as good without Cook, but it's not like they have trash behind him. Mattison has had some good reps this year and Abdullah's a speedster when he's healthy. I wouldn't take their ground game too lightly. I would, however, focus a bit more on Diggs than Thielen given that Thielen is still recovering from a bad hammy. Rudolph and Smith Jr. will get a few more looks, but Smith Jr. is still trying to figure out the game a bit. I'd look for Rudolph to get some targets on short yardage downs. If our pass defense can fluster Cousins, we should have this one in the bag as long as the offense plays a bit more conservatively in regards to the passing game. We might get a deep ball or two, but our game plan should be similar to that of what we did against Dallas.

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -  The Cowboys take heat for a soft resume, but the Vikings don’t have an over .500 win yet either.

Their wins this season:

Falcons
Raiders
Giants
Eagles
Lions X2
Skins
Cowboys
Broncos
Chargers

0-3 vs projected playoff teams including the Matt Moore Chiefs.

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  The Cowboys take heat for a soft resume, but the Vikings don’t have an over .500 win yet either.

Their wins this season:

Falcons
Raiders
Giants
Eagles
Lions X2
Skins
Cowboys
Broncos
Chargers

0-3 vs projected playoff teams including the Matt Moore Chiefs.

Considering the NFC North was forced to play 8 games against the NFC East and AFC West, does that really surprise you considering both divisions have been awful this year. Losing at KC was tough to swallow and those divisional road games are always hard, no matter records. At Seattle isn’t easy either.

MN is undefeated at home and I expect that to continue the next two weeks, giving MN at least one win against an above .500 team. Dallas can win out and that would be another, but they were above .500 when the Vikes played them.

Edited by vikingsrule

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He was wide open for a TD on Rodgers long first down scramble

Problem being, will he catch it.  We all saw MVS with alligator arms ... nothing says or suggests he catches it regardless.  Takes two to tango.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Considering the NFC North was forced to play 8 games against the NFC East and AFC West, does that really surprise you considering both divisions have been awful this year. Losing at KC was tough to swallow and those divisional road games are always hard, no matter records. At Seattle isn’t easy either.

MN is undefeated at home and I expect that to continue the next two weeks, giving MN at least one win against an above .500 team. Dallas can win out and that would be another, but they were above .500 when the Vikes played them.

Your expectations may be dashed on both games coming up.  We' certainly know more in 2 weeks.  Even if they win next week at home, one win over a .500 team for the year is eye opening.