Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

JC, I just made the mistake of reading the GDT over on the Vikings forum.   
1.  Several posters can only ***** about the refs favoring GB...just sad, like them.   
2.  Several think we’ll lose to the Lions and the division will be theirs.   
3.  It’s all but a given that they’ll win on Monday, according to them. 
4.  A couple of regular posters from our forum were shamefully cozying up and placating them...gross.   
5.  Props to @Arthur Penske for not placating them.   
6.  I’d give my left nut to see GB streamroll the Queens, in spite of the odds that say I’d keep it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

4.  A couple of regular posters from our forum were shamefully cozying up and placating them...gross.   

You do know its ok to have discussions with people with different points of view? It is there forum so you try to be cordial while there. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

thats excellent news

key in on cousins and that excellent WR/TE core

Considering that Cook has been held for under 4 yards per carry each week for the past 7 games, and both of his backups have been productive, I’m not sure it’s a huge loss in the run game. In the passing game, that’s a different story. You better respect what Mattison can do on the ground or he’s not going to have an issue grinding out 4.5 yards per carry. Boone has shown he can get big chunk runs, he’s been a preseason star and played really well last week. 

If Mattison can’t play, MN won’t have effective depth at RB, Abdullah isn’t any good. 

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Considering that Cook has been held for under 4 yards per carry each week for the past 7 games, and both of his backups have been productive, I’m not sure it’s a huge loss in the run game. In the passing game, that’s a different story. You better respect what Mattison can do on the ground or he’s not going to have an issue grinding out 4.5 yards per carry. Boone has shown he can get big chunk runs, he’s been a preseason star and played really well last week. 

If Mattison can’t play, MN won’t have effective depth at RB, Abdullah isn’t any good. 

Is Mattison a sprained ankle or what?

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Is Mattison a sprained ankle or what?

Yeah, he’s had an ankle issue, which can be nagging. So even if he goes, they may play it cautiously. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they give Boone the start, since his style is more similar to Cook and he’s fresh and 100% healthy. Obviously Mattison would get a lot of work too. I expect a close to 50/50 allocation of carries, maybe 12-15 carries each.

Thats why Mattison’s availability is crucial because MN doesn’t want to give one back 20+ carries, and Abdullah probably shouldn’t get more than a few.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Yeah, he’s had an ankle issue, which can be nagging. So even if he goes, they may play it cautiously. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they give Boone the start, since his style is more similar to Cook and he’s fresh and 100% healthy. Obviously Mattison would get a lot of work too. I expect a close to 50/50 allocation of carries, maybe 12-15 carries each.

Thats why Mattison’s availability is crucial because MN doesn’t want to give one back 20+ carries, and Abdullah probably shouldn’t get more than a few.

How is Thielen looking?  Heard he isn't close to 100 percent as well.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

How is Thielen looking?  Heard he isn't close to 100 percent as well.

They took it easy with him last week, helped that the game turned into a blowout in the third quarter. He seemed fine. Will see how he responds this week, definitely have to see what the injury report says. I’m sure with a hamstring, he won’t be 100% until next year. Just one of those things that take awhile.  

• Like 2