Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

Forum talk is all fun, and like I have in the past, I can come in here and troll you guys for amusement but sincerely, Good Luck on Monday Night. May the better team win   I’m sure they’ll both be going all out for this one. 

If our defense has turned the tide and Cousins continues his most recent play, I can see this being a fun game to watch.  

24 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Forum talk is all fun, and like I have in the past, I can come in here and troll you guys for amusement but sincerely, Good Luck on Monday Night. May the better team win   I’m sure they’ll both be going all out for this one. 

If our defense has turned the tide and Cousins continues his most recent play, I can see this being a fun game to watch.  

More of a frustrating game for me, I already know how its gonna go for the packers

-Rodgers will miss a couple wide open receivers not named Adams

-when Rodgers does see the receivers not named adams, he won't throw it because they will be unable to get open and rodgers will just take the sack

-jamall williams will do some dancing

-blake martinez will get pushed around a lot by the vikings o-line but will manage 27 and a half tackles

-more dancing by williams

-z smith will hit cousins 17 times without a sack, 

-packers win 20-17

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

More of a frustrating game for me, I already know how its gonna go for the packers

-when Rodgers does see the receivers not named adams, he won't throw it because they will be unable to get open and rodgers will just take the sack

-blake martinez will get pushed around a lot by the vikings o-line but will manage 27 and a half tackles

-packers win 20-17

Just win ugly. 

27 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

-packers win 20-17

Williams dancing? Is this still a thing?

49 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

there are plenty of LBs out there that can hold there own and shed block and make tackles in the back field instead of 5 yards down field.

Prove it.  Show me one ILB in the league who could shed a block from an offensive lineman that doesn’t get touched by DL.  I mean I’m in the same boat as wanting an upgrade over Martinez, but you are holding him to an unrealistic standard that doesn’t exist.

56 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

there are plenty of LBs out there that can hold there own and shed block and make tackles in the back field instead of 5 yards down field.

There is not a single linebacker in the NFL that sheds a block and makes a tackle in the backfield. Making a tackle in the backfield essentially necessitates being unblocked. Linebackers aren't being engaged by and defeating blocks in the backfield. That's not how this works.

Nah but seriously, this should be a great game. The narratives will run wild, but that's all background noise. Playoff teams know how to handle that.

Congrats on making the playoffs.

Oh and honestly, I don't think there will be a third matchup between teams. Minnesota is destined to play Philly in the wildcard and GB will get a chance at revenge vs the niners.

Edited by SteelKing728

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Nah but seriously, this should be a great game. The narratives will run wild, but that's all background noise. Playoff teams know how to handle that.

Congrats on making the playoffs.

Oh and honestly, I don't think there will be a third matchup between teams. Minnesota is destined to play Philly in the wildcard and GB will get a chance at revenge vs the niners.

You're pretty well locked into the six seed. You don't have the tie breaker over Seattle and I'm not sure you have it over San Fran so it's a six seed for you. So unless we get the #2 or #1 seed we'll see you again in two weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You're pretty well locked into the six seed. You don't have the tie breaker over Seattle and I'm not sure you have it over San Fran so it's a six seed for you. So unless we get the #2 or #1 seed we'll see you again in two weeks. 

The 49ers could very well lose their last two games (Rams and Seahawks) while the Vikes win their last two.